Chapter 1- Meeting John Luke

Samantha's POV

  I woke up to my dog barking and my brother screaming about nonsense. If you want to know a little about me, here you go. My name is Samantha Mae Hutchenson. I'm 17 and I was born on July 5. I'm from West Monroe, Louisiana and I'm neighbors with the Robertson's from Duck Dynasty. My mom and dad divorced and I stayed with my dad because I couldn't leave my best friend of ten years, Sadie Robertson, and my brothers, Peter and Jake. They stayed also since Jake is close with Cole Robertson and Peter just started LSU. Here'd a twist, I've never met Sadie's brother, John Luke. I've met everyone else but not him because whenever I'm there he's out with his friends. Yeah, I'm over there all the time and we're neighbors but he, honestly, is never home. Oh well, back to this morning. My phone rang notifying me of a text message.

From: Sadie/My Gurrl :)                                                                                                                                                 Mornin' babe. If you want to meet John Luke, he's stayin' home tonight (mom's orders) and dad said you could come over and spend the night... ask Mr. Kale if you can.

To: Sadie/My Gurrl:)                                                                                                                                                       Ok. It really doesn't matter. He'll say yes. Everyone just finds it weird I've never met John Luke but we're best friends...

From: Sadie/My Gurrl :)                                                                                                                                            Yeah... text me later... I'm going to call Beau... it's been forever since we talked...

   I put my phone on the nightstand and got up. I walked over to my bathroom and did my morning routine before changing into my Mossy Oak shirt and my ripped dark wash jeans. I pulled on my boots and put my hair up in a bun. I walked downstairs to see Cole and Jake on the couch.                     "Where's daddy?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen. Jake looked up at me and smirked.                    "He went to Mr. Jep's. He said that if you asked, yes, you can stay at Sadie's." I rolled my eyes and walked back out with a water bottle.                                                                                                                  "Cole and I are goin' fishin' in an hour so you can go ahead if you want." I nodded and walked out the door and jumped in my truck since I was only going across the lawn, through the woods, and up the driveway. When I got there I jumped out and I rung the doorbell and John Luke answered the door.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                "Um, hi. Who are you?" He asked and I rolled my eyes                                                                                  "No one important. Sadie, Bella! Oh, hey Mrs. Korie!" I said as Korie walked by. She smiled at me and pulled me inside and into a hug.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       "Where is Bella and Sade?" I asked                                                                                                                   "Upstairs. Bella, Sadie!" Korie called then lookes at me.                                                                               "Oh right. Samantha, this is John Luke. John Luke, Samantha. The one Sadie..." She was cut off by a squeal. "Sammy!"

  "Sade!" She ran at me and tackeled me in a hug. "Um I know you love me and all but I saw you yesterday and you're crushin' my rib cage."                                                                                                         "Oh sorry. Are you bustin' up beaver dams with Papaw Phil and Uncle Si tomorrow?" She asked as she got off me. I nodded and then laughed.                                                                                                         "Oh and Mrs. Kay is wantin' my help with the fish and frogs and Mr. Jase is wantin' another apple pie. He also said I had to teach Missy how to make 'em." Korie smiled at me and Sadie laughed. I noticed John Luke's eyes on me and looked over at him. He quickly looked at the ground and I smirked. Then my phone raNG.

  "Hello?"                                                                                                                                                                    "Hey Sam. It's Willie. Can you get John Luke to bring you and Sadie down to the warehouse?" I looked over at Korie and she rolled her eyes.                                                                                                     "Um, yes sir. Why didn't you call Sadie?" I asked and bit my lip.                                                                  "I honestly have no clue. I'll see you soon. Don't get in too much trouble on the way over here and tell John Luke to watch the speed limit." Then he hung up.

  "We're goin' to the warehouse my friends. Leggo.!" I yelled and literally ran outside to my truck. I got into the passenger seat and Sadie got into the back. She noticed me in the passenger seat and gasped.                                                                                                                                                                        "You're letting John Luke drive?" I nodded," But no one drives the truck unless you have a huge crush on them or it's you."                                                                                                                                       "Or it's illegal for me to drive without someone who has driven for five years being in the passenger seat." John Luke got in the truck as I said this and we were off to the warehouse.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

A/N: Credit goes to @raeraetommo5 for writing this chapter. Thank you for reading and don't forget to go check her out! :) -A                                                                                                                                           Another picture of samantha in the externial link.