Chapter 6- I'm Down

John Luke's POV

  As I held her small, fragile body in my arms I realized what I would do for this girl. This girl I hadn't even known for a week, but already would love to call her mine. This girl who had been through so much, but didn't show it. My sister's best friend, my aunt's shopping buddy, my grandmother's cooking friend, my parent's other daughter, my family's newest addition, my little sister's tea server, my future princess. The girl in the blue and green Under Armour hoodie, light blue jeans, and boots. The girl that would look good in a messy bun, no makeup, and sweats. I hugged her tightly but gently to my chest as I felt my shirt getting wet with her tears. I could tell my family was suprised at the sudden contact between Samantha and me.

  "John Luke, let's go," Samantha whispered. I let go of her and she walked over to Cole. 

  "Don't tell Jake I told you. He'd tell Papa and ya'll would never see me again. Don't tell anyone. Don't talk to Jake or Peter. I don't want them gettin' hurt," she mumured and looked around franticly.

  "They didn't care when you were gettin' hurt!" Reed yelled. She flinched and stepped back a little, running into me. I caught her before she fell and she stood up straight glaring at Reed.

  "But I'm not them, am I?!" She yelled back. Sadie walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

  "Just let me go. I'm gonna go shoot something." She walked out of the house. Sadie sighed and looked at me before dragging me out of the house with her.

  "What're we doin'?" I asked. Sadie looked at me and rolled her eyes.

  "You are goin' to talk to her and make things better. Ask her out or something. I know you like her." She pushed me toward the four-wheeler Sam was loading her gun onto. I nodded and walked over to her. She looked up at me.

  "If you're comin' get on," she said and swung her leg over before sitting down. I nodded and sat down in front of her. I turned it on and we went to drive back into the woods. We went up to the pond because she wanted to shoot some of those snakes down there. After she had shot about 50 of them she took a break and sat beside me on the four-wheeler.

  "Would you mabye wanna go on a date with me sometime?"

I asked, looking over at her. She looked at me, her grey eyes shining brightly.

  "Where and when?" She asked and crossed her legs. I thought a minute.

  "Tomorrow at around 2. I'll pick you up from Papaw Phil's and we can go to my house and watch a movie then grab a bite to eat somewhere." I replied and she looked at me weirdly.

  "What about Sadie, Rebecca, Bella, Will, your dad, and your mom?" She asked and I thought about it. Sadie, Rebecca, Bella, and mom were going shopping in Baton Rouge and dad will be at the warehouse so either Will could stay with a friend or go with dad.

  "The girls are goin' shoppin' in Baton Rouge and dad is stayin' late at the warehouse. Will can do something." She laughed and nodded.

  "Sure. I'd love to go to your house and run your family out so we can whatch a movie." She rolled her eyes and giggled lightly.

  "Kiddin', John Luke, kidden'." I smirked at her as she saw a snake and shot it.

  "You okay to go back now?" I asked, placing my hand on her thigh. She looked at my hand before looking over at me. I crossed the line.

  "I'm sorry." I blushed and pulled my hand away. She looked at me for a couple of seconds before laughing hysterically. I blushed more and she smiled at me.

  "I'm down, let's go!"

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

A/N: Credit goes to @raeraetommo5 for writing this chapter. They finally got together, What do ya'll think? :) -A