Chapter 10- I promise

John Luke's POV

  "So you're tellin' me that the secret to your secret spaghetti is deer meatballs and homemade tomato sauce, that's it?" There has to be something else, I know it.

"Well, you add onions and then you eat it with garlic bread. Perfecto!" Sam replied.

  "Mmh, that's cool but could you please hurry up woman, I got us reservations at the fanciest place in West Monroe."

  "JL, why on earth did you go and do a thing like that? I'm an 18 year old country girl, I will accept Burger King."

"Haha! Because you're special and I love you!"

"Aww! I love you too! Dinner's ready everybody," Sam screamed.

Dad came in and replied sarcastically, "Sam, it sure smells good. Are you sure John Luke helped you cook this?"

  "Yes sir, now if you don't mind we will be going."

  Sadie came in and asked, "What if we don't like it?"

  "Then you'll have to order a pizza like dad does when mom cooks." Laughter filled the room.

  "Come on Sam lets go."

Sam's POV *At the resturant*

  When we pulled up to the resturant you could say I was suprised-why- because John Luke never takes me to a fancy resturant unless it's for a special occassion. Even then it's with his family. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is our one-year anniversary but people around here don't usually do this kind of thing unless they are married.

"John Luke Robertson, you know you didn't have to do this for me but thank you anyways!"

"I know I didn't have to but I have a suprise for you."

 "Oh, I love suprises!"

*In the resturant ordering*

  "I think I'll have the steak. What about you Sam?"

  "I think I want to try the cowpie special. The name doesn't sound good but the ingredients do."

  "Your always up to trying new things."

  "I know. Anyways, I got you a new shotgun so tell me what's my suprise."

  "Ok thanks for telling me my present Sam, but I want to ask you something." John Luke contiued, "I know we are a little young and we met each other awhile ago but I love you Sam and I want you to be mine. So Samantha Mae Hutchenson, will you accept this promise ring as a promise from me to always be yours?"

"Ohmygosh John Luke, yes, I will!" This was big! John Luke was never this serious about anything. To say this was a total shock is the truth. Now I feel bad about giving him just a shotgun, but that's what he wanted. 

  "I love you, John Luke!"

  "I love you too, Sam."

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

A/N: This is the chapter that I start writing on so tell me what you think. I know it's not as great as raeraetommo would have written it but I tried my best. I will try and make the chapters longer but I didn't want to go on and on about a resturant or a promise ring so ya.                                                         I know this sounds gross but a cowpie special is not cow poop. It is a food that I had at a grill and it was delicious. It is buttered toast with garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and onions. Anyways thank you for reading. Vote and comment so I can check out your stories! Thanks goes to @DaretheRedneck for voting. -A :)