Chapter 7- Never Felt This Way Before

Samantha's POV

 Beep, beep, beep. The oven. Mamaw Kay must be up already. I smelt muffins and sat up.

  "What time is it?" I asked. Mamaw looked over at me and then at the clock.

  "Almost 1:00. We let you sleep since you had a rough day yesterday." I nodded then remebered. John Luke was picking me up at 2. I had an hour to get ready. I jumped up and ran to take a shower. After about half an hour I got out, changed, and fixed my hair. That obviously took longer than needed because next thing I knew Mrs. Kay was calling. 

  "Samantha! John Luke is here!" I ran out of the bathroom and hugged him.

  "You look beautiful," he whispered in my ear, tracing the bruises on my arms. I had used a lot of makeup to cover the bruise on my cheek. I had totally forgotten the bruises on my arms. 

  "You ready?" He asked. I nodded and he grabbed my hand as we walked out yelling a quick goodbye to Mrs. Kay.

  "Will is at the warehouse. Dad thought it was the perfect opportunity to show hi the ropes of CEO of Duck Commander. Apperently he thinks I don't have what it takes to be CEO." I looked at him as he opened the door of his truck for me.

  "I think you'd make a great CEO." I smiled at him as he rolled his eyes playfully and shut the door before walking around to his side and going to his house. He grabbed my hand as he helped me out of the truck. I smiled at him as we walked into his house.

  "Go have a seat on the couch. I'll be right back." He walked into the kitchen and soon it was dark and I noticed the candles burning. It was so romantic and I noticed a movie in the DVD player, The Hangover. I laughed and got comfortable. John Luke walked in, pressed play, and got comfortable beside me. The movie lasted a little while and let me tell you, I'm in love with Bradely Cooper. John Luke and I almost died at some parts, but my mind wasn't really on the movie. My mind was on hte boy next to me. John Luke Robertson. My phone buzzed and I looked over at the screen.

  From: Sadie/My Gurrl ;)

   How's it going? I can't wait until we're sister-in-laws!! Mama said she can't wait til ya'll are married.

  I rolled my eyes and laughed. John Luke looked over at me, confused. Dang! Why did I laugh? I cleared my throat.

  "Sadie." He nodded and focused on the TV screen again. I scooted a little closer to him. I honestly don't think he noticed. I mentally groaned in frustration.

  "I'm going to get something to drink." I got up and walked to the kitchen, not even waiting for a reply. He was impossible to get close to and he didn't flirt. Like, at all. I took a sip of the drink I'd poured and went to look in the mirror Korrie kept. I fluffed my hair and freshened up my lip gloss before I walked back out and sat beside him, a little closer than needed of course. I looked over at him slightly. This was boring. He wasn't showing any interest in me whatsoever. I grabbed my phone and texted Sadie back.

  To: Sadie/My Gurrl ;)

  I'm actually bored. He's showing no interest in me whatsoever. I don't think the wedding is happening.

  I decided I'd make the first move. 

  "Hey John Luke?" I asked and when he looked over at me I pressed my lips to his. I could tell he was suprised by my bold move because he didn't kiss back. I pulled away and moved away from him, leaving a foot or so between us.

  "I'm gonna go to the restroom," I mumbled and got up. Instead of going to the bathroom, I went to Sadie's room and called her.

  "Hello?" She asked, as I sighed. 

  "What do you mean you're bored?"

  "I mean I kissed him and he didn't kiss back," I whispered and I heard Korie and Rebecca say things like 'dang' and 'oh my gosh.'

  "Listen, I gotta go. I'm in your room right now. I told him I was goin' to the bathroom." She said okay and hung up. I walked downstairs and threw my phone on the couch and instead of sitting on the floor with John Luke, I sat on the couch. I was glad it was dark so that he couldn't see the tears cascading down my cheeks. I've never felt this way before. 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

A/N: Credit goes to @raeraetommo5 for writing this chapter. :) -A