Chapter 7

For the record I have no idea how to make popcorn or spell popcorn related words.

Dan and Pj walked to town quickly, discussing which snacks to get as they went.

"Popcorn is a definite need, and chocolate," Pj said as they walked.

"I really love Maltesers," Dan said. "So those too,"

"Should we get something savoury?"

"We could get those chocolate coated pretzels considering those are salty but sweet,"

"You are a genius," Pj said.

"No you definitely are, you are really smart," Dan told him.

"Not always," Pj said quietly. "Hey Dan, I know you haven't known us long and stuff, but do you think the way Chris and Phil are acting is a bit weird? Because they aren't usually like that,"

"I don't know. Maybe Chris has a crush on Phil or something but Phil just finds it platonic?" Dan suggested, pretty much rubbing in the fact that was how it was with Pj and Chris.

"I don't know I just, kinda feel a bit weird about it. I don't know why, I just don't really wanna lose Chris," Pj admitted as they turned into the little newsagents at the start of town.

"Pj, I hate to say it, but you and Chris are really close right? Well I think you are becoming a little bit jealous that Chris is taking such an interest in Phil," Dan said gently. Pj looked at Dan a little startled. He had felt a bit distant to Chris over the past few days, and maybe he was jealous that Chris was a bit all over Phil. But Pj had never been the jealous type, and it was out of character for him to be feeling like this, possessive over Chris. His best friend. Right? "Anyway if you are feeling a little weirded out just have a look at them tonight and see if that helps,"

"I guess, and yeah I'll do that. Anyway, let's get food, I'm really hungry." Pj said, changing the subject, hoping his thoughts would go away.

They picked out some sweets and payed for it, plus a little bag of Maltesers for them to eat on the way and started their journey back to Phil's house, laden down with heavy bags of food.

Chris and Phil had successfully turned his bed into a mound of pillows, bankers and countless cushions and stuffed toys.

"It looks great," Chris said, diving on top of it. "Feels great too," he said cheekily, making Phil giggle. He rolled over onto his side and looked suggestively at Phil. "Now, how are we gonna sort out this crush of yours?" He asked.

"Eugh," Phil moaned, flopping down beside Chris. "No idea. Drug him and force him to love me?" He suggested sadly.

"Don't be an idiot. Have you tried flirting with him? See if be flirts back or something," Chris advised wisely.

"Well he is staying over tonight..." Phil said, blushing red at the thought.

"Why did you not tell me this sooner you buffoon!" Chris almost shouted, shaking his shoulders harshly.

"So you wouldn't do this," Phil said, then smiled to show he was joking.

"Eugh you're a nightmare. Just try flirting with him and being all cutesy and stuff and see what happens," Chris said, then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Chris said as leapt up from the bed and ran downstairs, Phil laughing behind him. Where the hell did he get his energy. Phil cuddled into the blankets and hugged a stuffed toy and closed his eyes briefly, it was so comfortable. Unfortunately, his solitude was broken by Chris jumping on top of him.

"Chriiiiisss, that hurt," Phil moaned.

"Want me to kiss it better?" Chris teased.

"Hell no," phil said and sat up, Pj and Dan laughing in the doorway. They came over and sat on the bed too, Pj next to Chris and Dan closer to Phil.

"So guys, what movie first? And did you bring snacks?" Phil questioned. Dan shoved the big bag at him and Phil beamed. "So yes to the snacks. What film?"

"How about brokeback mountain?" Chris suggested.

"Great, gay cowboys," Pj moaned.

"Do you even have that Phil?" Dan asked curiously.

"Only because Chris got it for me last year, I haven't watched it yet," Phil said quickly, shooting a dirty look at Chris.

"It's a good movie, anyway I will help Phil make the snack, Pj, can you be a doll and set it up for us?" Chris asked, and Pj nodded, looking a little sad, but his cheeks went slightly more pink at the pet name.

"I'll help Pj," Dan chimed in.

Chris took the bag from Phil and they walked downstairs to the kitchen. Phil tipped everything out onto the kitchen table and looked over what had been brought.

"Okay, if you shove the pretzels and stuff like that into bowls I will do the popcorn," Phil said, grabbing the bag of seedy-things and a big saucepan, putting the stove on and chucking some oil into it. Chris had been to his house enough times to know where everything was so that was fine. As Phil poured in the cournals, he began wondering what it would be like to be doing this sort of thing with a boyfriend.

"Chris, what's it like having a proper boyfriend?" He asked quietly as he stirred.

"It's like," Chris said pausing. "Like a constant part of yourself hanging around. You always enjoy being with them and they are always happy to hug you whenever you want and be all romantic,"

"So it's like the movie sort of?" Phil enquired, still stirring and not facing Chris.

"Yeah, so say if I was your boyfriend and we in this exact situation I would probably come up behind you and put my arms around your waist like this," Chris said, following through with his actions and resting his head on Phil's shoulder, making him smile and giggle.

"Oh, am I interrupting something?" A slightly cold voice came from the doorframe. Pj had seen that. Well shit.

"No, Phil was just asking what it was like to cook with a boyfriend," Chris explained truthfully, letting go of Phil and continued sorting out the snacks.

"Oh, okay. DVD is set up so come up when you're ready," he said quickly and walked Dan upstairs.

"Oh god Chris. I don't think this is working in the way we want, I think we might be hurting Pj now," Phil said, jumping as the first few cournals popped.

"I don't know. He just looked more shocked to me. I'll talk to him about it later." Chris decided.

Once all the popcorn had popped and they had transferred it into bowls with liberal amounts of butter, sugar and salt on it they grabbed the rest of the food but before they went upstairs Phil stopped.

"Do you know what Chris? I think you'd be a really nice boyfriend. If all this works out with Pj, he will be really lucky," Phil said, smiling sweetly at Chris.

"Thank you," Chris said and kissed his cheek. "Right," he said and led the way upstairs, reaching the door before crying out: "MOVIE TIME BITCHES!"

I actually hate myself for writing this just because it is quarter past midnight and I have school and I am an idiot. Just ahhhhhhhh! (Oh yeah this is being uploaded tomorrow for me which is now for you and it's all timey-wimey etc)

Anyways before I eat myself for not sleeping (again timey-wimey)

Stay dizzy my Dallas cowboys (I don't know I'm tired okay)

Anni out!

*sneaks into your room and puts a plate of cookies out for all of you because it's a nice thing to do*