Chapter Five

Joelle

"A massive thank you to the One Direction boys for being here today to talk about their new single and chat with me about their lives! I hope the start of your tour goes well, as well as the work on the new album." I wrapped up the interview, since Carrie was by the door and using the well known hand signal for 'finish!'. It had been a long twenty minutes, as I tried my best to keep from favoring Zayn. It was hard, considering every time I looked at him, his eyes would light up and the beginnings of a smile would appear. The more I stole glances his way, the more I wanted to just ask him about things. So about a minute into the questions, I forced myself to watch Niall. He was a very animated talker and seemingly enjoyed answering whatever questions came his way. 

"Thanks, Joelle! It was lovely talking to you." Louis spoke on their behalf, his head bobbing along to his words. 

"This is 95.6, the radio station that never stops! Here's Paradise Fears with Battle Scars! And after, Martin Miller will be starting off the next hour with some new music from Parachute! Joelle Parker signing off." Once I had clicked on the song, I pushed the mic away from my mouth and took a long drink of water. 

"Great job, and thank you again for being here! There's plenty of pizza in the conference room, feel free to wander around! And if you don't mind, would you sign our wall of fame?" Carrie got the five guys' attention and quickly guided them out of the studio as Martin and I switched places. The silence that overtook the room was obvious, everyone following Carrie. Celebrities and pizza were this radio station's favorite things.

"You're so brilliant when it comes to interviews," Martin complimented me as I grabbed my purse and slung it over my shoulder. My eyes, without my mind's consent, flitted to where I saw Zayn leave. 

"Thanks," I spoke quietly in response. 

"You should talk to that blonde one, you seemed pretty entranced by him." Martin winked. "And the sooner you get a boyfriend, the sooner we'll all stop bothering you about it!" 

I shook my head quickly, giving him a look that I hope he took as a 'don't say that again' warning. Laughter came from him before he shooed me out of what was now his studio. Keeping my face passive, I hurried out into the hall. The tall, raven haired intern stopped me before entering the conference room to grab my jacket. She was practically bubbling over with excitement. "Great job today, Joelle! Did you see them? They were watching you like every second! I can't believe that I got them coffee and they were so sweet about it!"

"Yeah, Kate." I said to the girl. Kate was a happy girl and absolutely stunning, with long legs and a gorgeous face. She had moved from the US to London when her mom got a job as a manager for Topshop. Kate applied for the same internship that I had, wanting to see what goes on in a radio station. She had already been there for five months and was fitting in perfectly, having one of those personalities that everyone just loved.

"Are you gonna go talk to them some more?" She asked, eyes bright with happiness. 

"No, I'm gonna grab my jacket and head home." 

"Oh," Kate's face fell momentarily before she shrugged. "You must be tired. I understand! Go home and get some rest, you'll sleep well knowing that all five boys of One Direction fancy you!"