Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Time ticked by as I waited to find out what was so important that Blake called an emergency sister/brother meeting. They rarely happened, only in the case of a life in danger or…. "Important business!" as he put it. So I sat here on my couch, listening to various Youtube artists on my Spotify playlist, looking at the clock way too often. He said he'd be by at half past ten, and it was five til eleven. I was actually used to Blake being late, the only times he would be on time was if it had to do with photography. 

"Why are you in your PJs? Get out of your PJs. Come on, we're going out. Don't roll your eyes at me, get your butt off that couch and go put on a dress or something. Do you even own a dress?"

The second Blake entered my apartment, it was like he had brought a tornado with him. Within seconds he was pulling my arm and literally pushing me towards my room.

"Why do I have to dress up for going out to dinner?" I whined as he started going through my closet. He was acting like a sister would who was preparing me for a date.

Wait.

"Just you and me right? No one else? You're not setting me up on a date are you? I'll kill you if you are." I huffed out as he forced jeans and one of my 'nice' shirts into my hands.

"No! Of course not. I just don't want to be embarrassed by my sister who doesn't know how to wear anything but black. Get dressed, we have to get going. I'm hungry." Blake grinned, and I could see that he had something up his sleeve just by the spark in his eyes. I knew better than to argue with him, though, he was probably just taking me to my favorite restaurant and my family was going to be there or something. Blake didn't have the ability to do surprises, he always failed horribly.

Like my eighteenth birthday when he decided to invite a bunch of my school friends to come over and I didn't show up because I had an interview for an internship with Mess. He basically hung out with fourteen teens for an hour before finally giving up. Yeah, he sucked at surprises.

So I did what he asked, pulling on the skinny jeans and the baby blue flowy top. It was a bit bright for me, but I decided against saying anything. He was set in his ways and there was no way I could get out of this. In about fifteen minutes, he had me in his car and he was driving quickly without muttering a word to me. He did have the radio on and was listening to very loud pop music. I sighed, tapping my finger against the door as I waited to find out why he was acting so weird.

The closer we got to our destination, the more I was sure I was right. This was the exact location of my favorite restaurant and I started to wonder if I had forgotten my birthday. It wouldn't be totally unlikely, I don't usually keep up with things like birthdays. I know my sisters and I know my brother's, but that's it. Though the longer I thought about it, I was certain that my birthday wasn't this month. There was no real reason that he would bring me out and make such a big deal out of going to dinner. 

"Okay get out. I'll go park and then I'll meet you inside. We have reservations, just tell them 'Parker' and we should have a table already." 

He had pulled in front of Chantel's, and seemed eager for me to get out. I rolled my eyes and got out, heading into the familiar lobby area. The lady at the podium was whispering to one of the waiters and she seemed excited. I ignored that and headed up to her and said quietly, "Parker?"