Chapter 19

Less then two weeks later, I had emptied my third bottle of vodka. I had come so far without coming out to a party that I needed to go to one, or at least visit for a quick second. I hadn’t realized how much I needed this party tonight until I had been here for a little over five hours. As most people were leaving, I was staying and on my fourth bottle. The party was lame and half of the crowd I barely knew, which was fine on my part but bad on the party part. Ryan was off somewhere with Emilee tonight and Keith ditched on me last minute, bitching me out that it wasn’t a good idea. I hadn’t listened to Keith at all but the minute my eyes landed on Kate, I knew it was a bad idea. A really bad idea. Her forest green eyes locked with mine and I rolled my eyes, turning around in the red swizzle chair I was sitting in and lean my elbows on the table, chugging down the burning vodka. 

“Hey sexy,” I turn my head to see Kate sitting down in the seat next to me, her boobs popping out of her tight dress. “Where’s the lost charity?” She asks, raising an eyebrow. I angrily threw the empty bottle down on the table, I may be a little drunk but she still has no right talking about Lacey like that. “Kate, stop,” I snap, grabbing a bottle of beer on the counter top and throwing the cap somewhere behind me. 

“Oh? Trouble in paradise?” she asks, a smirk appearing on her red plump lips. Months ago if she was tempting me I would have gladly taken the offer but not now, not when Lacey and I are doing so well. Kate was now only an evil little slut in my eyes, nothing more and nothing less. “I can help that, Seth. And you know I can.” I drink the rest of my beer and give Kate the finger, grabbing my keys out of my pocket and swaying my way out of the house and into my car. I throw myself in my car and after a couple attempts I finally put my keys in the ignition. Laughing at myself when all the lights from my car turn on. I reached over the console and grab my phone in the passenger seat, calling up Lacey at 3 in the morning. 

“Seth?” Lacey whispers after the beeping on the line stops, and her raspy yet small voice answers. 

“You know you’re special, right?” I slur as I hiccup and then laugh at myself, the bottles of vodka hitting me all at once. 

“Are…. are you drunk?” she asks. 

I shrug when I turn on the heat but my hand slips on the A.C. knob, cold air hitting me in the face. “Just a little,” I answer honestly. 

“Why?” 

“I ignored Kate, she came on to me, but I swear Lacey, I didn’t touch her. I would never do that to you.” 

In my state of mind right now, nothing mattered in the world but Lacey. I didn’t want to disappoint her but I know just by calling her drunk was already disappointing in her which hurt me in some weird sense. I didn’t want the girl I lo- like to be disappointed in me, I wanted her to care for me and like me back. So the question just struck my head; why the hell did I call her? 

“Where are you?” She questions. 

“Shay Way, third car near the street name.” 

“Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be right there.” 

And so I did such so, just sat emotionless in my car while the cold air kept hitting me at full blast. My fingers were beginning to numb just like my brain is at the moment, nothing at this moment could bother me nor could piss me off. I was in a whole different world; lala land is where I was.