Chapter 3

It wasn't just me who made Lacey nervous, to be honest it seemed like everyone made her nervous. Whenever someone touched, or was close enough to touch Lacey, she would flinch and fidget more. They were small things to notice, but if you're a complete creeper like me, you'd be quick to catch on. It was weird though because it seemed like a reflex - to immediately flinch back.

Yes I've watched her all day, but I mean do you blame me? When you start to like someone, you want to be with them 24/7. Okay, yes its pretty freaky but ugh at this point I don't care. If Emilee saw me at this point, I would be screwed.

Screwed with embarrassment. Embarrassed that my younger sister probably caught me watching Lacey like a lost little puppy. Hard to believe I'm 18.

"Seth, I'm going over Shane's." Emilee pants as she runs to the car. I look over at Emilee as I open the divers side door to my car.

"Is Noah picking you up?" I ask as I scan over the parking lot.

Emilee shakes her head. "No, we're walking to his house. I'll be home after dinner."

"Be safe!" I holler as Emilee runs back over to Shane. I sigh when they hold hands, walking off with each other.

I find Shane a great kid, his parents are fun and cool as well, but the thought of my 15 year old sister dating? It annoys the crap out of me. Not to mention Shane's practically the only kid Emilee talks to. Besides the exception of my Parents friends kids we always hang out with. It's just Emilee's so innocent and sweet and not ready to date. Unlike me, Emilee has potential and a big future planned for her. I don't want- no need- her throwing it away over some boy. I guess I just worry about her.

"And where do you think you're going?" I turn around to look at my Mom.

"Playing basketball."

She sighs but waves me off. "Don't be out for too long, you have homework." I then wave her off and walk out the porch and into the backyard.

I remember when I was little and my Mom found out she was pregnant with Emilee, we moved out of the small apartment and to this bigger house. Ever since I was little my Dad is always building something in the backyard whether it be an ice hockey rink in the winter, the basketball court, a tree house, sand box, and just anything he could get his hands on. It's nice, I've always enjoyed spending my time outside with my family. I could say I'm more of a home bug.

Growing up Emilee and I were taught to be social and friendly kids. We'd always have a cookout with family friends and just hang out with people any day we were free. Even though I've been taught to be friendly, I'm not going to lie, I hate people. People piss me off and annoy me, besides my two friends and family but anyone from those people I can't stand.

But then there was Lacey. Most girls at my school are your typical sluts and miss know-it-all's. I guess that's what you get for living in such a small town where everyone is so clingy. So, maybe that's why I'm so attracted to Lacey. She's different. She's quiet, different, and mysterious. She's definitely something. I'm attracted to Lacey in the most unhealthiest way possible.

"Lily, stay close." I groan when the basketball hits me in the face as I was too busy staring at the wooden gate that barriers from my yard and Lacey's.

"Play twinkle, twinkle little star." I hear Lily's voice plead.

"How about Ever The Same?" Out of curiosity, I throw the basketball down on the grass, and walk over to the gate. I crease my eyebrows when I start to hear guitar strings. "We were drawn from the weeds, we were brave like soldiers." My eyes nearly fall out when I hear Lacey sing. I can't help myself as I quietly open the gate and lean on it, watching Lacey sing and play on the guitar for Lily while Lily dances around the backyard.