Chapter 8

Lacey perks up out of her seat and gasps as she stares down at her now soaked pants and shirt. 

“Oh crap! Lacey I am so sorry!” Ryan exclaims as he stands up and looks at Lacey with wide eyes. I sigh and stand up myself. 

“Seth, there’s my gym shorts in my locker. You can get those for Lacey,” Emilee tells me. I nod and lead Lacey out of the cafeteria, not before giving a hard glare at Ryan. Lacey stayed quiet the whole trip to Emilee’s and my locker. I had grabbed Emilee’s blue shorts and my grey sweatshirt that I always kept in my locker. I knew how Lacey loved wearing sweaters and so I thought why not let her wear mine. It’s a win - win deal. 

“Thanks,” Lacey suddenly says, I lift my head from the floor and look up to find Lacey standing in front of me, her wet clothes in hand. 

“No problem but sorry about Ryan and the other people.”

Lacey shrugs. “It’s fine, I actually like your friends. They’re pretty funny.”

I laugh and shove my hands in my pocket, pushing myself off the wall. “They’re something.” I start to walk back to the cafeteria when Lacey’s voice stops me. 

“Wait, Seth. Want to go to my locker real quick with me?” she questions as she lifts up her clothes. I smile then nod and let Lacey lead the way. 

It surprised me to say the least that she actually asked me to walk with her. This is Lacey Mitchell we’re talking about, she doesn’t ask anyone for anything. So I didn’t question anything but just walked quietly with her down the hallways of the school until we got to her locker. Though even if she did ask me to walk her to her locker, she seemed a little quieter? Which for Lacey is very hard to do. Was it not a couple hours ago we were kissing on the schools ground? Was it not a couple minutes ago she was laughing at my stupid friends? Something was up. 

“Hey, are you okay?” I suddenly ask. 

Lacey shuts her locker and spins around her lock before her stormy eyes look up at me. “Yeah, why?”

I narrow my eyes at her. “You sure?” Lacey nods and then leans her side against the locker, crossing her hands against chest as she looks up at me. My hand itches and I soon find myself moving a lock of her long brunette hair behind her ear. “You seem quiet.”

“I thought I was always quiet,” Lacey jokes and I chuckle. 

“Well you seem more quiet,” I explain. “What’s up?” Lacey just bites her bottom lip and stares into my eyes. 

I know she isn’t going to talk simply because its something Lacey does not do. I hate when she does it she locks everyone out. I understand that we barely even know each other and everything but I would still like for her to talk to me. And then maybe we could know more about each other then we already do. Which is barely anything, no, nothing. It makes me wonder if she ever had friends at her old school or if she opened up to anyone. She had to right? I doubt she didn’t have friends.