Chapter 12

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I ask for the tenth time today, Lacey looks at me with a ‘what do you think’ look, I sigh. “It looks like it kills, Lacey.” 

“I’m fine Seth, really.” She tries to reassure me but I can’t help but think she’s lying to me. 

The bruise I had seen on her face yesterday has now double itself in size and even worse in color. It looks painful to the bit but no matter how many times I ask Lacey she replies with the same answer, she’s fine. I have a feeling that maybe she’s lying because of just how much it looks painful. I highly doubt a little five year old did this to her. Sure, it’s also bothering me to feel like she’s lying to me but I also got to remember I’m her first boyfriend, and maybe the first male to ever care for her like this. She may not just be use to someone caring for her, so I also got remember that. 

“So, I was thinking about hanging out this weekend?” I suggest and Lacey looks at me with a creased eyebrow. 

“I thought you were grounded?” I shrug. “I get off this Friday,” I share and Lacey just nods then turning back to the guys who were arguing about something that happened in the football game last night. 

“What I’m just saying is that, that tackle sucked and shouldn’t have been flagged,” argues Ryan. 

“And I’m just saying it was a pretty hard tackle,” Keith snaps and I chuckle. 

Keith was a pretty hardcore football player, he would never play on the school team but everyone knows he wants to. No one knows for sure why he won’t try out but our opinions don’t really matter to Keith, only Shay’s and his. Shay agrees with us that he should but then Keith talks her out of her opinion somehow and everything is fine with it. It’s stupid in my opinion; he should just man up and try out. 

Today is day two of being Lacey’s boyfriend and I’ve yet again tried to avoid Kate at all costs but she doesn’t get the catch. She’s just obsessed and it’s weird just plain weird. I understand if maybe she’s a little obsessed if we were dating but we’re not. So it’s just weird to me and stalker-ish to be honest. I don’t think it’s acceptable she should be obsessing over me while I’m clearly over her and have been for a long time. Some girls just don’t know when to stop, where’s self-control when you need it? 

“Seth. Losers.” Speak of the devil and shall appear. 

“Whore,” Ryan grins. 

Kate rolls her eyes at Ryan and then looks at me, hands on hips. “Can we talk?” she pauses as she glances at my hand around Lacey’s shoulder. “Privately.” 

I shake my head. “Sorry, Kate.” 

“Don’t you think it’s disgusting that you’re throwing yourself at Seth when he clearly likes another girl,” Emilee speaks up, glaring at Kate. 

“Don’t you think it’s disgusting that you’re throwing yourself at Shane when clearly Ryan masturbates to you?” Kate hisses. 

I stand up, throwing my fists on the table. It’s fine if she talks like that to me but not to my little sister. “Kate, go away,” I state.