Christmas of Chaos.

I never thought it would be this exhausting....being a healer really does take it out of you, I don't know how Madam Pomfrey has been doing it by herself for all these years. She told me I was the first help she has had in about ten years. I would arrive in the hospital wing at precisely six AM every morning, and most of the time wouldn't get back to my dorm until nine or so at night. I worked through the weekends and rarely saw any of my friends, but it would all be worth it in the end.

Sometimes the hospital wing would be slow, and others I would be running around like a chicken with my head cut off...Particularly on quiditch days. Madam Pomfrey and I would trade off on game days, one of us would stay in the wing and the other would go to the field in case of accident, which was normally every game...I loved the days I got to go to the field. 

The one good thing about working this much was that it made the time go by very very fast, it was already December time now. I felt terrible because I had to cancel George's and my date that we had planned. He understood how busy I was and promised to take me out over Christmas break. I was staying with Weasley's much to my dismay, but my sister and Remus would be there when they aren't out on missions for the order. 

I was packing the rest of my things in my trunk to prepare myself for break, and when I packed the last of my winter clothing I headed down to the front of the school. "Ready to go?" Ginny asked me as we waited for a carriage to take us down to the train. "Oh yes, I need a break" I said chuckling. 

"Yeah, you do...I'm so excited your staying with us! I wont be the only girl since Hermione bailed on me" She said sadly. Hermione was supposed to come to the Weasley's for Christmas but decided last minute not to come, I couldn't really blame her given everything between her and Ron. Ron had started dating Lavender Brown shortly after he was named Gryffindor quiditch keeper, and they have been snogging ever since. Ron was way too oblivious to the fact that Hermione has feelings for him, and she was hurt every time she saw them together.

"Can you blame her?" I said shrugging and picking my trunk off of the ground as I saw a carriage coming up the hill. I hated seeing the thestrals, and I wished Hogwarts could get something else to pull the carriages, they only reminded me of the loss I suffered. "Not in the slightest" She mumbled, grabbing her trunk as well. She climbed in first, I followed and Luna Lovegood and Ginny's boyfriend Dean Thomas joined soon after...

"Fred isn't picking us up is he?" I asked Ginny when she stopped sucking face with Dean for five seconds. "No, just George" She said giving me a wink before turning back to her boyfriend. I sighed and turned to look out the window, and just enjoyed the snowy scenery before deciding to nap for the rest of the way...

I woke up a few hours later as I felt the train stopping at Kings Cross Station. I yawned and quickly stretched before grabbing my small trunk from the overhead and heading outside into the cold. I bumped into several people before finally finding Ginny who was saying "goodbye" to Dean. "Let's go Gin!" i said pulling her away from Dean. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" She exclaimed, gave Dean a quick kiss before following me. I saw Harry and Ron up ahead by a barrier, standing beside a certain red head.

George spotted Ginny and I, and quickly left the guys to come over to us, more like run to us. "There's my girl!" He exclaimed and shortly after I felt myself picked up by the tall red head. "Hi Georgie" I said softly in his ear and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I missed you" He whispered in my ear before setting me down on the ground gently.

"Ok lets go home, I'm starving!" Ron said, who had suddenly appeared with Harry. "Your always starving" i said chuckling as we all headed out of the barrier and to a dark blue Ford Anglia that was parked outside.

We arrived at the burrow a few hours later, it should have taken a lot more but George opted to use the flying ability on the car instead of driving the muggle way. It was dinner time when we arrived and Molly had platters upon platters of food lining the large table in their kitchen. "Your home!" She said warmly and rushed over to us when we all walked through the door. She grabbed Ginny of course, followed by Ron who then ran to find something to eat. Harry received a tight hug from her before he joined Ron, and then she came to me and George.