Ferrets and lions and cats...oh my!

Christmas vacation went as fast as it came, and I was now dreading the moment I would be walking off this train and into the school run by the crazy women in pink. I hated it, I knew if Umbridge had not been here this year I would have had an amazing time at Hogwarts. I definitely enjoyed the rest of my vacation though... I spent majority of my time with Sirius and the weasleys as my sister was crazy busy with work...but I didn't mind one bit, the weasleys had become like my second family and I loved them all....of course some more than others....

The Scottish scenery flew by in blurs of white and blue as the occasional lake passed us by. It was still snowing and had gotten even colder if that was possible. I was laying with my head in Fred's lap and a book open in my hand. George was in the seat across from us, talking about the future joke shop with Lee and Fred. And this was where I felt I was supposed to be, I was so at peace with Fred and I felt like nothing could touch me.

"What do you want ferret?" I heard George ask,and I turned around to see Draco standing in the doorway with an annoyed look on his face. "Hey D whats up?" I asked as I flipped my position so I was sitting upright. "Can I talk to you for a second...alone" He said and sneered in the direction of the guys. I just nodded before gently placing my book in the seat and softly kissing Fred.

Draco shut the door behind us and guided me to and empty spot in the hallway. "Whats wrong?" I asked him. He sighed before answering, and i could see the look in his eyes that something was wrong. "Look, over break I spent some time with Flint" He said and I gave him a disgusting look at the mention of his name. "Be careful...he wouldn't stop talking about you. I think he is planning something but i don't know for sure" He said shaking his head and giving me a worried look.

I just gently rubbed his arm "Ill be fine..that pest doesn't scare me" I said, and I knew he could tell by th sound of my voice that I was lying. The truth was, Marcus Flint scared the living daylights out of me...he acted like he nothing to lose, and with Umbridge around it was almost guaranteed that nothing disciplinary would happen to him. I knew deep down inside of me what he wanted from me...and that was something I promised I would save for someone I truly loved.

"V, I know your lying...and as much as I hate to say this....tell the weasels to watch out for you" Draco told me before yelling at two running first years who passed by. I just nodded and kissed his cheek "Thanks for the warning, ill see you at school" I said and he gave a small wave before going back towards the Slytherin compartment.

"What did the ferret want?" George asked as I reentered the compartment. I just smiled before plopping down in Fred's lap. "Just to see how break was" I said lying, but George didn't catch on and just continued on with his conversation with Lee. Fred however saw right threw my lie and gave me a look of scepticism. "He warned me about Flint" I whispered in his ear. I felt his body tense up at the mention of his name and I just kissed him softly trying to calm him down.

"Warned you about what?" He said with a stony expression. George and Lee had stopped what they were saying to hear what we were talking about. "Draco said he thought Flint was planning something" I told the three of them. George held the same look that Fred had, and Lee just looked confused. "What did Flint do?" Lee asked. "He has been messing with me....he attacked me on the first night here" I said softly and averting his gaze. "What the hell is wrong with him!" Lee yelled out and Fred and George seemed to be having a conversation with their eyes. "Don't worry Ronnie, someone will be with you all the time" George told me me a nod. "ill never leave your side" Fred whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek.

"Guys, I barely have any classes with you..I think Ill be fine" I said. But i knew good and well I would feel safer if I was at least walking with someone from class to class, I normally walked by myself. "We will work something out" Fred told me, and before I knew it I saw the station at Hogsmead pulling up ahead....