A second encounter.

The end of the day couldn't have come fast enough. Defence against the dark arts was brutally boring, and I had to listen to professor Umbridge's annoyingly high pitched voice for four hours. I could recite the book word for word by how easy the material was. I spent most of my time in class goofing off with Fred, Or at least trying to without getting caught by Umbridge.

"What time is your detention Ronnie?" Fred asked me as we entered the great hall for dinner. "seven" I groaned as we took seats across from George and Angelina. "Got detention on your first day huh?" George asked laughing. I just glared and threw a dinner roll in his face. "Umbridge that bad huh? I have her tomorrow" Angelina asked with a sympathetic look.

"she is awful! everything in our textbook I learned when I was a kid. Like basic stuff that first years already know" I huffed and picked at some food on my plate. Thinking about how awful this school year was going to go made me lose my appetite. "Cheer up love, you'll probably just be sorting papers or something" Fred told me, putting an arm around my shoulder. I don't know why but when he touched me I got butterflies in my stomach. "Thanks Fred" I said softly leaning my head on his shoulder. I saw George and Angelina look at one another and smile, she whispered something in his ear and he nodded and then they both looked to our direction. "What is with you two?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. They just shook their heads "Nothing" they said together...

I was hoping when I entered umbridge's office, Fred was right about just sorting through paperwork. But of course I was wrong. When I arrived Umbridge handed me a red quill that I immediately recognized as a blood quill, my mother being the witch that she was taught me all things dealing with dark magic. I even created an antidote for the markings the quill leaves on your hand.

"You will write, I will not speak out. For as many times as it sinks in" She said with that sickeningly sweet smile plastered on her ugly face. "Yeah, yeah I know the drill" I said waving her off and quickly wrote what she asked until the words I will not speak out were embedded into my left hand. I was never forced to use these quills before, but i got bored one day and used one to create a proper potion.

"Can I go now?" I asked showing her my branded hand. "Yes, you may" And I rolled my eyes and left her office. This castle was really creepy at night, the normal lanterns weren't lit and there were no students bustling from class to class. The hallway I was in was dark and empty..

I pulled out my wand in fear of another encounter with the disgusting Slytherin.I quickly made my way to the grand staircase. I felt the all too familiar feeling of someone watching me. When I got off around the sixth floor, someone had grabbed me from behind.

"Hello beautiful,we meet again" and the smell of cabbage filled my nostrils. Instead of being scared at the sudden appearance of Marcus Flint, I got angry. My wand was thankfully still usable to me. "entomorphis" I whispered, and soon Mr.Flint was turned into a bug no bigger than a beetle. "Leave me alone, You pest!" I said and spit on it before running up the staircase. It felt good knowing I wasnt completely weak and that I could handle myself against someone as vindictive as Marcus Flint...