A new Beginning

I stared around at my empty room that I grew up in.. Today was the day me and my sister were finally moving out of our parents house after their death. My father was a muggle and was killed by non other than Fenrir Greyback last year. My father had been minding his own business and taking a small stroll around our family neighborhood in Surrey when he was malled by the werewolf. It took the ministry three months to uncover his body that had been devoured by the beast. My mother Andromeda was so distraught by his death that she took her own life six months ago.

My sister Nymphadora has been my mother for all intents and purposes for all these months, and I honestly don't know where I would be without her. She has just passed her Auror qualifications so today was the day we were moving to London to be closer to the Ministry of magic.

Packing up the room I have been living in since birth was harder than I thought. Putting framed pictures into boxes of our family and of my childhood best friend and neighbor Aimee, proved tougher than I ever imagined. I was letting go to not only my parents but every sense of a normal life. Sure my father was a muggle but he never thought of me or my sister as anything less than perfection. He was a brilliant man who loved us more than anything. I missed him so badly my heart actually ached. I swore to myself months ago that I would kill the mangy wolf if I ever laid eyes on him.

Every memory I ever had has been in this home.. My first kiss with my boyfriend Steven when i was twelve. The countless spells my mother taught me since i was home schooled up until this point. The family movie night every Friday.. All the times my sister would transform into random animals to make me laugh. All the pictures I drew of My parents and backyard were once hanging above our living room sofa but were now in a random box.

I remember the endless days me and Aimee would lay on the balcony outside my room and drink the vodka that was sneaked from my fathers secret stash in his office. Where we would scale the trellus and run off to parties the muggle teenagers in our neighborhood were constantly throwing. Now not only was I saying goodbye to my home I had to say goodbye to my best friend. Even though we live in England, Her parents were pretty high in the ministry and got her sent to her school of choice Beauxbatons...

"Ronnie, are you ready to go?" i heard my sister ask from the doorway of my old bedroom. Ill never be ready to give up what once was, But I cant hold onto lost memories anymore. We lived and mourned in this home for almost a year and maybe a fresh start would do us some good.

"Yeah nymph lets go" i said as I grabbed my wand and sketchbook from my nightstand putting them in my bag and walking away..But not before taking one last look at my room that once was lively with drawings and full of my favorite color purple, now held bare walls and no color. I now had to look at my life as my favorite hobby..My life was now a blank canvas, waiting for me to draw..

My sister apperated us to a large apartment building that was close to the leaky cauldron and Diagon Alley. It wasnt bad looking but also wasnt the most luxurious, but my sister does what she can.

"is remus here yet?" I asked her as my heavy bag fell from my shoulder to my elbow. Remus Lupin and my sister were married three months ago, it was a small ceremony with just me, Aimee and her parents in attendance. I really loved Remus, he was great to my sister and he treated me like more of a daughter than his sister in law. Sure he was a werewolf, but the fact the wolf that attacked Remus as a child was the one who killed our father gave us a connection. Besides me being an animangus helped keep him away on the full moon cycle, especially since my animangus overpowers him..

"oh yea, he has been here for a couple days unpacking some of our things." she told me as we walked up the last flight of stairs into our new apartment..

It was rather nice actually, there was a small kitchen and breakfast nook to the right when you walked down the short hallway. Remus appeared to have already unpacked that room. A larger sitting room was to the left with a muggle televisions and DVD player that my sister and I grew accustomed to from our father.

"Honey, your room is the one across the hall from the bathroom" she said winking before going to find something in the kitchen..

I walked into my new room.. I was shocked to see that the walls were painted the same exact color that I had at my old room. a light purple.. My bedspread was a deep Violet with black designs, and my pictures from my old home lined the walls. Gotta love Remus for unpacking everything for you, especially since my boxes were only sent here an hour ago..It was set up so close to my old room I felt tears roll down my cheeks. I kicked off my Brown sandals before plopping myself on my bed and closing my eyes.

"I got it pretty close eh?" i heard a male voice ask from my bedroom door. I looked up to meet the eyes of my brother in law. Remus was a handsome man even with the scars down his face, it only made us love him more. I jumped off my bed before tackling him in a hug. "Thank you for everything Remus" i said softly as he planted a kiss on my head. "Anything for you sweetheart"..

"So Ronnie are you excited to go to Hogwarts this year?" Nymph asked me as we ate dinner that night. Remus was also the chef of the house, My sister and myself were physically incapable of creating anything edible in the kitchen, even with magic.

"I'm nervous mostly. The only friend I ever really had was Aimee, everyone might think I'm a freak who was home schooled" i said picking at the chicken on my plate. "Veronica Isabella Tonks! you are the most lively person I know and the kids at hogwarts are the freaks if they don't love you like we do!" Nymph said with a a smirk knowing how much I hated my full name.

"You have no idea how much you sounded like mom" i said with a sad smile. "Never mind that Ronnie, you are a whole year ahead of your class since your mom taught you so well" Remus added smiling. I was 15 and going into my fifth year at Hogwarts but I was almost in a seventh year level on every subject since my mother really was an exceptional witch.

"Yeah I guess.." i said trailing off staring at a piece of wood on our kitchen table. "well you will meet a few of your classmates tomorrow Remus and I have an order meeting at Grimmauld place". I smiled knowing I would get to see my cousin Sirius. He was really my mother's cousin but we are still really close, he missed most of my life being in Azkaban but lived with us for two years after he escaped before moving into the Blacks old family home..

Tomorrow is the start of my new life.. A new beginning for Veronica Isabella Tonks..as long as nobody calls me by that name..

A/N Check out one of my fans MIdnightarrival's stories! she is new to wattpad and looking for feedback! :-)