Silver Feather ~~ Chapter Twelve

"What is going on?" I asked quietly.

Brayden glared at the cracks in the wooden table. I looked at Loral. Loral was looking anywhere, but at Brayden. Cassie repeated my question. Emerson shrugged. I got up, so did Cassie and Emerson. I walked around the table and we all stood around Loral at the corner. She sighed and got up from the picnic table. We followed her to the other side of the court yard. People usually came here to do things they aren't supposed to do. Thankfully no one was there. You could smell the sour smell of drugs though.

"Why are you and Brayden fighting?" I asked.

She crossed her arms rocking on her heels. "Brayden doesn't want me to do magic anymore. He even suggested I stay away from you guys. He finds you guys, all of this, too dangerous." She says fusterated.

"We didn't send the vampire after you!" Cassie defends.

"We have the protection magic... why did the potion not work?" The thought crossed my mind, why didn't the potion work when I was with Jett?

"You would think that stuff will wear off..." Emerson says.

"You should make more of it." Cassie said looking at me. "Why are vampires attacking us?"

"Strong aura... strong blood." I guessed.

"Brayden is just being ridicules." Emerson says. "He doesn't control you."

"None of this happened till Silas came." Loral says. "All of this. Magic as safe. The woods were safe."

"You can't possibly be blaming him! He saved our lives and some of us more than once!" I defended him.

"Quin I am not saying he purposely caused it, but everything changed as soon as you met him." Loral says.

"We can't point fingers at each other. None of us caused this, not Silas, not us. We have to work together. We have to learn to protect ourselves and that might mean more magic. Things are different now, we can't escape this. One of us might be killed." Cassie says.

"Cassie might be right." Emerson says.

"I know Brayden is trying to protect you, but taking away magic will take away are only way of protection. If we shun Silas away we lose someone to help us when spells fail." I say.

"I didn't say I agree with him." Loral says. "I do blame Silas for bringing all this crap into our lives."

I sighed. "Explain to Brayden everyone is trying to keep everyone safe." Emerson said.

Loral shook her head and walked back to Brayden. They got up walking away to talk in private. Everyone else walked back and sat down. We didn't talk much till they came back. They didn't talk about it. We talked more senseless banter.

I realized quick that Maria was really quiet, but her and Tristen always kept in contact. They were either holding hands, his arm around her, or her head on his shoulder. Tristen didn't talk much, but when he did it was sarcastic, a smartass comment, joking, or him just trying to be funny. Eliot was loud and always talking. It was like he has been here since the begging of time.

Eliot was in my last class; both of us were working on a project. "So, World War One?" Eliot says opening a laptop.

"Yeah did you learn about World War One in your last school?" I asked signing onto the school computer with my username and password.

He laughs. "I never really went to a public school like this. Coven's children were usually taught in small study groups by the elders. We did learn history from both the humans view and behind the vales view."