Awkward Chips ~ Chapter 8

In the morning, I drove myself to school. Silas didn't show up in the health classroom. He was there for English.

The air was tight. I didn't say a word. I didn't know what to say. Silas gently tapped my shoulder when we were supposed to be working on a work sheet. I turned around. "I'm sorry about last night." He whispers.

I pressed my lips together. "Me too." I turned around. He sighed.

"I didn't mean it like that." He said leaning across his desk whispering. I could feel his breath against my hair.

"What do you mean Silas?" I snapped. He was hurting me and now distracting me from my school work. He didn't say anything. I furiously closed my English binder and threw it into my bag. The class started to pack up and the bell rang. "What do you mean?" I asked turning around blocking his way out of the aisle.

He scratched the back of his neck not looking at me. "I have feelings for you, but I can't kiss you." He says.

"That makes no sense." I snap and leave the room.

I threw my bag down in science and sat next to Emerson. "What's wrong Quin?" She says immediately.

"Nothing." I snap.

Emerson raised her brow and shook my arm that I was using to lean my head on. "I don't believe you."

"I'll tell you at lunch." I said pushing it off.

When lunch came, as soon as Emerson sat down she asked her question again. I looked at all my friends who were staring at me even Loral's boyfriend. "I tried to kiss Silas and he leaned away from me. He admitted that he had no feelings for me. This morning he said that he does, but he can't kiss me. I'm just all confused, fusterated, and embarrassed. I don't know what to do."

"Maybe you just startled him." Brayden says.

"It could just be a mortem thing. He doesn't eat lunch. He has to eat something..." Cassie says.

I nodded. "Maybe." I mumbled.

"There is no way though Silas couldn't like you... he treats you different from everyone else." Loral says.

"Plus you are the only one he told his life story too. You don't just tell anyone that." Cassie said. She leaned over taking a piece of chocolate I keep in my lunch box. I nodded. Though I wouldn't call that his life story. He just told me how he became what he is.

"It would suck though not to be able to kiss him because he wants to feed off of you." Loral says.

I could feel my face start to heat up. "Can we just talk about something else?"

"I vampire tried to attack me." Cassie says.

"What?!" Emerson said.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I was just in the back Barns and Noble because I wanted to get the next book in the series I was reading. It was late and the place was about to close. This girl grabbed my shoulders and pinned me against the bookshelf. Her eyes went all red like twilight. Then her hands started burning like when vampires go out in the sun. The girl started screaming. She asked me what I was and sped away." Cassie says.

"So, she got burned when she touched you." Emerson asks.

"Do you think it was that potion?" Loral asked.

"Maybe. It is the only protection spell we have done this month. The vampire definitely didn't burn when he attacked me." I said.

"It strange. I wanted to tell you guys last night, but my phone died so I just went to sleep." Cassie said.