Bird Fly in the Sky~~Chapter Sixteen

I woke up with Silas holding me on the ice and his wings wrapped around me. My eyes tiredly opened. He was pushing the hair form my face. "Silas..." I groaned. He withdrew right wing. I saw Eliot struggling to hold onto Maria and Tristen standing in front of shocked Emerson. Brayden was holding onto Loral. Cassie stood there awkwardly looking around. I tried to get up, but Silas held me tightly.

"Let me go!" I demanded.

I could hear Maria's screams over mine. "You fucking bastard! We've been together for four years! We went through everything together! We transformed together and escaped the Timeset coven together! Does that mean nothing to you! You're willing to throw everything away for some bitchy wannabe witch! Do you no longer care!"

Silas lifted us slightly into the air with his wings. He carried me to the carpet. Before I could get to Maria to talk her down, Silas landed in front of her. He placed both his hands on her head and snapped her neck. I screamed and so did Cassie. Eliot dropped her and Silas stepped away. I looked around, people were walking by us not seeing any of this. I wander what they are seeing.

I tried to get to Maria but, Eliot grabbed my arm. "She is not dead, chill. It will take more than that to kill us." He says.

I sighed deeply and he let me go. He leaned over picking her up. Silas handed him both of their stuff and they left. Silas walked over to Tristen and shoved him to the ground. "A dick move, really dude. Maria did not deserve that." He says.

"We can have mates like the wolves. I know cause I found mine." He says looking at Emerson. "And I know you feel it with Quin." He says looking at me. I looked away and could feel my face heat up. Mates?

"Oh heck no." Emerson says running to her stuff gathering it all.

Tristen got up grabbing her arm. "Em..." He says softly.

"Don't touch me." She snaps. She turns running out the door.

"Emerson!" Cassie screams running after her. Loral ran after her as well. I took a few steps and my vison swirled. I sat down on the bench grabbing my shoes.

"Are you okay?" Silas asked.

"Stop asking me that." I said sharply. I walked out the door into the warm night air. Silas followed me leaving Tristen to contemplate his thoughts.

Everyone was hugging by Emerson's car. I walked up joining the hug. "Are you okay Emerson?" I asked.

"I don't know. I want to go home and sleep this off." She says stepping away and everyone parted.

"You can't sleep your problems away." Cassie says.

"I can sure the hell try. Anyone want to join me they can spend the night at my house." Emerson said getting in her car. Cassie got in the other side.

"I'll have to go home and get my stuff first." I said. She nods starting the car. Loral mentioned the same thing.

I walked back to Silas's car. We both sat there awkwardly in the dark silence. Silas wouldn't start the car. I know he had some words to say, but for some reason wouldn't say them. We sat there. I watched the clock. 9:00 changed to 9:01 and that changed to 9:02. They were the longest minutes of my life. We got to 9:07 before Silas finally said something.

"You know about mates?" He asked.

"I have." I said my voice cracking and I cleared my throats. "I've read about them in books."

"What do you know about them?" He asks.

I've never felt more awkward and I have been in a lot of awkward situations. "I know mates are like a true love." I said my voice wavering. "They would die for each other. The couples are very protective and can be very jealous. In some cases, some will describe that their soul mate is the reason they are alive, they are the gravity keeping them on earth."