Chapter One: Vampire

"Are you okay?" The boy chuckled moving the small book shelf from on top of me. I was seeing spots of black. Books tumbled down my back as I sat up. He gazed at me with his storm blue eyes. Was he laughing at me? My conscious has been cloudy all day. The boy held out a hand, which I took. He pulled me up. His fingers were soft and cold.

A short librarian came up and started speaking really fast. I couldn't comprehend what she was saying. I just blinked a few times. My head was blank and pulsing. "I-I'm fine." The librarian quickly nodded and started to put the books back on the shelf and the boy bent down and started to help her. It was just a small shelf at the end of the much bigger metal book shelves.

I felt awkward standing there so I helped them. It wasn't long till all the books were back on the shelf. I stood back up. The boy picked up my bag sitting by the book shelf, thank fully not squashed, and handed it to me.

"Th-thank you." I stammered. I pulled the bag over my shoulders. I had to crane my neck up a little to meet his eyes. I usually don't have to do that, meting most people at eye level, both males and females alike.

"My name's Silas." Silas said holding out his hand again. It was a quick up and down shake. I drew my hand back, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Quin." I said. Silas nodded.

"Are you able to make it home?" He asked. "The book shelf hit your head pretty hard."

I reached up feeling the back of my head. That is why it hurt so much. The back of my head was extremely tender. "My mom is picking me up." I said. He nodded. As if on cue my phone vibrated in my bag. My mom texted me, she will be here in ten minutes.

"Do you want me to wait with you?" Silas offered. I shook my head. My stomach was twisting.

"I'll be fine." I said grabbing my bag and walking off.

I didn't look back. The cold attacked me and I shrunk into myself. I trudged through the cold air. I walked down a wooden path that leads to the grocery store where my brother works; where my mom will pick both of us up. It was a cloudy day making the trees gloomier and plants dark blurs. I felt someone yank on my bag.

I yipped turning around. I saw no one there. "Come out!" I demanded. I heard a deep chortle and I turned around. A boy in a grey hoodie with a sports symbol stood in front of me. He as about the same height as I am. He had a wicked smile on his face. He walked toward me in wide strides.

I took small steps back. "Your kind is so innocent, scared, and weak." He taunted. I turned and try to run. He grabbed me from behind wrapping his arm around my chest. I stood frozen.

"If you want money... I have money. Please don't hurt me." I whispered.

"I don't want money." He purred in my ear.

I could feel cold fingers on my neck. Then I felt cold lips and a sharp pain. I cried out. I couldn't move. My head started to feel heavy. The boy was then violently ripped off of me. I screamed collapsing. I could feel my neck rip open, blood dripped down the front and back of me. My body hugged the earth. My brain was screaming at me to get up. My body felt like rocks. My vision was extremely blurry.

I heard hissing, struggling, and someone mutter unrecognizable words. A loud crack sent chills down my spine. I then felt warm hands move across my forehead. I tried to look at the figure but everything I saw blur into one big abstract picture. I saw a humanoid figure with large wings.

"Angel?" I questioned.

The figure sighed. "Not quiet." It said calmly.

It touched my neck. Warmth spread through my body. A feeling of weightlessness overcome me. I closed my eyes. I woke up but, I couldn't move. I saw the figure again in my room. I tried to move but, I couldn't. As if it was a mirage, it faded away. I woke up again aching with the sunlight peeking weakly in through the windows.