Ring ~~ Chapter Eleven

"Silas can you come here?" I whispered into the phone receiver.

"Why? What happened? Are you hurt?" Silas asks quickly.

"No... no." I said weakly. "I am fine. I just want to see you."

Silas sighs. "Where are you Quin?"

"I am at the one-twenty eight mile marker... I wanted to see the water fall."

He chuckles over the phone. "I'm coming. It might take me a while to get there."

I smiled. "Thank you. I can wait." The phone then clicked off.

I sat there leaning my head against the window. I tried reading, but I couldn't concentrate. The moments with Jett continued to repeat in my head. I know I can't tell Silas what happened, but I just want to talk to him, even if it's not about that. I stayed in my car lost in my thoughts. Silas knocked on my window and I jumped. Silas chuckled looking through the window. I quickly opened my door and got out.

I wrapped my arms tight around him and buried my head in his chest. He sighs and brushed down my hair. He wraps his around my shoulders and the back of my knees. He picked me up and we were in the air. We landed on the platform and Silas sat down setting me in his lap. I dropped my arms into my lap and kept my head against his chest, listing to his unnatural fast heartbeat.

"What happened?" Silas whispered.

I didn't know what to say. I can't lie to him. I can't tell him the truth. A lump formed in my throat. I thought I was going to cry again. "Are there more of you out there?" I asked. Silas nodded. "If they knew about me? Do they think they would try to turn me into Mortem?" I asked. The only way I could talk about it was in a slanted view.

"I am not going to let anyone hurt you. You don't have to worry about such things." He says.

I am already worrying about such things. I am already thinking about the pain on the transformation. What Jett might make me do? If I died, will the contract be broke and will they go after my friends? I don't want to die. I don't want to be a mortem. I don't want to be chained up. Silas can't protect me.

"Did something happen? Did someone threaten to hurt you?" Silas asked. I didn't say anything. He sighs kissing the top of my head. "Please tell me what happened I want to help." Silas says. I started crying. I curled up into a ball. I felt so confused. Silas started wiping the tears away. "Quin..."

I snapped. I told him everything that happened from the library too Applebees. I told him my fears and my worries. Silas held me tightly as I told him. He was quiet when I was done. "I'm sorry." I whispered in the silence.

"I'm scared." I admitted. "I am scared for my friends. I am scared for myself. I am scared for you..." Silas continued to not mutter a word. We sat in the silence of the waterfall and in the silence of the birds. Silas kissed my temple. His lips dragged along my cheek on the edge of my scars. I turned my head towards him and held my breath as his lips hovered over mine. His breath tickled my skin. His eyes where a dark blue with a black ring around the iris. In his eyes I could see the shape of my face.

"I will not let anyone hurt you, not Jett, not the Timeset coven." His lips brushed the tip of my nose. I turned slightly so I wasn't looking at him at an angle. "I will not let them take you away from me too. I love you too much to let that happened." He whispered. I could feel my stomach twist and my eyes widen. Before I could respond, his lips were on mine.

My eyes fluttered close. He gently pushed me down on the ground kissing me more deeply. He brushed my cheek with his thumb. His other hand gently pushed up my shirt so his hand was against my bare stomach. I could feel my face heat up and my heart beat faster. He kissed my lower lip gently. He bit my lip and pulled back.