Ch. 33- Slow Dancing

Renesmee's POV

Jake and I went on the Ferris wheel together. It was one of those that were old fashioned, so we couldn't move an inch or it would feel like we would fall. Jake kept his arm around my waist, holding me so I felt safe. He always knew what to do.

"This view is amazing." I gasped looking off toward downtown Seattle.

"It sure is, but do you know what is more amazing?"

"What?"

"Sitting here, next to you."

I blushed hard. My head drifted toward the crook of his neck. I nuzzled into my place, closing my eyes.

"I love you Jacob."

"I love you more Renesmee."

The Ferris wheel moved in a circle a couple of times before they let us off. I was getting a little bored of the CityCenter, so Jake took me over to the entrance of the Space Needle. I have never been up there before and I was a little nervous. Elevators scared me. This elevator was outside and could possibly breakdown and I would be stuck up in mid air, outside. I could see the whole city as I was stuck in a stupid elevator.

Ness, you need to stop negatively. That won't happen. It hasn't happened before so just shut your mouth.

I placed my foot into the elevator and had to scoot all the way to the back. This elevator was crowded. Typical elevator music played. Jake held my hand, staring straight ahead to the door and out the tiny little windows.

The elevators stopped and we all piled out. We walked on over to the viewing deck. I placed a couple of quarters into the slot for the binoculars and placed my face into position. The sky was quite clear for today. I could see all the way to West Seattle, Alki Beach, then to the University of Washington, and then to downtown Seattle. I let Jake go right after me before the time went out.

The timer went off so Jake and I walked around the viewing deck. I stopped and placed my hands on the railing. I leaned up against the barrier, just glancing off to the bay. I felt a pair of arms wrapping around my waist. Jake rested his chin on my right shoulder.

"You know, life could be like this everyday." He whispered.

I smiled and leaned my head against his. This was the life. I finally felt complete.

Before leaving, I didn't know how my life should be. I just knew what my life was at that point. I didn't know what was good for me and what not. When I left, I felt lost. I was trying to find something to patch a hole that wasn't even there to begin with. The hole was already filled. It was filled with the love, the friendship, and the unity of love with Jacob. He was really my soul mate.

We took a few pictures of ourselves and then headed on back down the elevators. Jake got into the driver side and I didn't object this time. I don't really remember how to get to Pikes Place. Plus downtown Seattle was crazy.

It surprised me how fast it took to get down to the market. We parked a few blocks away and walked down. It was very crowded. People walking in all sorts of directions. Fish were flying across the walkway to other fish stations. Flowers were decorating the rows, food filled the atmosphere. I started walking toward the clothing sections. I wanted to try to find a scarf that was more fall-ish. Fall was upon us and I think I needed either an orange or maroon colored scarf.

I looked through the racks and couldn't find what I was looking for. I was about to give up when Jake handed me a scarf.

"Oh my gosh this is so beautiful. Yes! This is the one." I slid it over my head and tied it in a knot. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful as always."

I walked over to the cashier. "How much?"

"10."

That wasn't a lot. I took out my wallet and handed her a ten dollar bill.

"No, I will take this."

Jake took the ten and gave it back to me, handing the lady money.

"But babe, you got the gas, the Space Needle tickets and the Carnival rides."

He shrugged. "Today is your day. I want to spoil you. I haven't done it in a while and I can afford it, calm down love."

I just nodded. I couldn't stop him from being a gentleman.

"So you ready to head on off to AlkiBeach for dinner?" Jake asked.

"Yeah! Sounds good. I will just have to get something first."

I walked over to the guy section and rummaged through all the stuff they had. I found ties, wallets, t-shirts, sandals, and lots of other junk. I decided I should get Jake a new wallet. His was falling apart and I remember I got him that wallet 2 years ago.

I picked out a nice black leather one and went over to the register.

"What are you doing Ness?"

"Getting you something."

"Please don't. I don't need anything."

I paid the lady and handed him the wallet.

"Yes you do. Have you seen your old wallet?"

He chuckled. "Yeah I guess so."

He guided me back out of the market and back to the car. We drove off to West Seattle toward AlkiBeach.

"Where would you like to eat?"

"I heard Spuds was a great place for fish and chips. Does that sound good?" I asked.

"Yeah, sounds perfect. I also heard there was going to be a little concert tonight on the beach. I think we should stay for a bit after dinner."

I nodded in agreement.

Dinner was great. I had the Ultimate fish and chips, while Jake just got chicken strips. He was funny. He rather have chicken than fish at a seafood place in Seattle, on the beach. He was crazy.

It was about sunset and Jake took me down to the beach. We walked hand in hand in the sand. The music was blasting. A smaller Indi band was playing. They had a small ukulele and an acoustic guitar. They sang pretty well. Jake and I decided we should dance and just have a fun time. I let go and just poured my heart into dancing and being a weirdo. I felt normal and fun. I wasn't my usual shy, conservative self. I was outgoing, and expressing my wildest side out. Jake laughed the whole time, seeing how much of a bad dancer I was.

"Jake shut up, I know I can't dance."

"Babe, you're just fine. Calm down. I love your dancing."

A slow song started to play. Jake grabbed my hand and placed the other on my lower back. I bent my head down and rested it on Jake's chest. We slow danced together. Not saying a word. I felt complete. He was my other half.

Life was good.