Barbarath

Barbarth is a very curious and funny little four year old. When I first discovered her I was in deep shock, but I will never forget that one day when I got back from school. First thing first was to go upstairs, drop my backpack down, and lay down on my couch. That's my plan everyday from school; however, I sensed a odd depressing feeling that I need to bring out my voice recorder from my phone. I layed it down for a minute and after I came back I went back and listened. "Shelby..." I wasn't freak out about this since I hear my name very often, so I decided to record on the second try. That's when it got me. "Barbarath..." I tried my best to not to freak out, but I stayed put.

When my mom came upstairs, I showed her the recording. Of course, in shock, she grabbed my leg and said only three words, "Oh my God..." I nodded with fascination and told her, "I didn't say anything. I just sat there and listened." That's when my mom got up and told me to show this to my neighbors, which I did and they did the exact same thing as my mom did. Later throughout that day, all I did was record their voices. (Barbarath wasn't the only one that was there) Then that night, my youngest pocket beagle, Bella, started to bark again and won't stop. With rage, my mom told them to leave the house,which they didn't.

Every time I get home, I recorded their voices. One day I got a recording of the little girl saying, "Hey!" as if she was greeting me when I got home. I had a lot of recordings from her and the other ones. One, for example, I got Barbarath and her mother having a conversation, and another one when I left my phone on the floor and I went downstairs except this one fascinates me. You could hear her mother calling out, "Barabarath!" and the little girl saying what. That's when I had a interest of them. One night I decided to painted my door with chalkboard paint, which I got for Christmas last year, and wrote, "Hi Barbara." on it. Next day I got recorded their voices, and this what got my attention and made me laugh a little. You could actually hear the little girl singing and then stopped. Her song with something like this, "Spring time, spring time..." The sound of her voice stops and then this comes up, "Barbara? It's Barbarath! My name is not Barbara." "I know. It's Barbarath." "B-A-R-B-A-R-A-T-H. Barbarath!" I showed that to my mom, and once again. She was shocked.

One night, while my mom was talking to my grandma, my grandma told my mom that she heard Barbarath's mother talking, so my mom tries to explain to my grandma. Kind of found out that my grandma has been having her own problems dealing with the dead. According to her, everywhere she sees. She can see the faces of the dead ones on doors and floors. I feel bad for her, but she did told my mom this, "If you keep on bugging them, they won't leave." Honestly, I do feel like I was keeping them here, so I sat down on the ground and told them to go to the light. I'd also prayed for them. So, as I did that, I noticed three bright orbs standing by my doorway slowly moving around.

Again and again, I told them, "You need to go to the light. My house is not your place. You need to go to the light." Over and over again until I recognize a huge feeling that I was lonely once again. As for today, I try my best to forget about them, especially Barbarath, but sometimes you need to let them go.