CHAPTER| E L E V E N

(Not proof -read)

Darcy returned hope an hour later finding me sitting on the porch steps looking glum. I briefly told her what happened but she told me to get to bed and relax. I’ve been trying to call Ryan and apologise properly because he deserved that. Even in the school hallways I was ignored.

I was busy trying to write the school paper in the printing room but I was sat in my laptop with a empty word document. I didn’t know how to start off a paper about the healthy meals in our school cafeteria and to be honest, it’s not the type of stuff I wanna talk about when I want to be an aspiring writer.

“Hey,” I looked up to see Darcy sitting on my desk looking a little sad too. I didn’t say anything but continued to look at my laptop. I wanted out. I didn’t want to go out with guys any more. Well not by ticking them off a list. It shouldn’t matter is I go on my own to Prom. It’s a couple of weeks away and hopefully I’ll be off to college so no-one will remember me being a loner. It’s better than upsetting someone.

“I found Ryan today and told him you’d called him a million times. I told him you were really sorry.” Darcy said and started braiding part of my hair.

“I have to say sorry to him. Or it doesn’t mean a thing. Thanks anyway.” I said and shut my laptop down. This article could wait. I had to find Ryan but as soon as I said that, he stumbled into the printing room and walked to Stella. He was talking intensely to her about something but he kept pointing to his guitar.

“Now’s your chance. I’ll block the door, you go say sorry. GO GO GO!” Darcy urged and pushed me out of my seat.

I nervously walked around my table and walked over to him. Apparently he hadn’t seen me in the room and his eyes opened wide at the sight of me. I pulled down the sleeves of my sweater and bunched them in my hands. I awkwardly leaned on one leg and tried to open my mouth.

“Ryan-“

“I know you’re sorry. Darcy said. There’s no point in repeating it. I’m fine. Honestly.” He said and gave a hint of a smile.

“Really? Because I’m so sorry. Then why did you ignore my calls?” I asked.

“Well, okay, I was a little angry and I was acting like a kid. I’m sorry I didn’t hear you out. It’s fine. I have to go. I have music practice.” He said and left the room. So it was okay? He still didn’t seem okay. Maybe he just said it to get me to leave him alone.