CHAPTER | N I N E

I was in absolute shock and I kept turning my head back and forth to see if my mom was coming. I looked down my window and Cayden was easily climbing up the wall hanging on to the twining vines up my house.

He grabbed onto the window ledge and hauled himself up. I bravely held onto his arm and yanked him in then put a finger to my lips to quieten down. I listened carefully and heard my mom walk downstairs until her footsteps faded.

I let out a long held breath and glared at Cayden. This was dangerous, Mom would freak if she knew.

“Why? Is this necessary?” I ask exasperatedly.

“If you want me to leave, I will.” He said and started to climb out the window again but I stopped him. The poor boy just climbed up so I guess he could stay a few minutes.

“No, it’s okay but just have to be really quiet,” I said and whispered the last part. He understood and looked around my room. It wasn’t a mess but there were a lot of personal stuff and he was in me bedroom. My bedroom. I mean, that’s like jumping a couple levels.

He turned back to me and smiled as he picked up a photo frame with a picture of me and Darcy in Wizarding Wold of Harry Potter dressed as wizards. The image brought back happy thoughts.

“You make an awesome wizard,” he commented and placed the picture down again. He sat on my bed and smiled up at me making me realise I was standing awkwardly whilst he freely looked at my possessions.

“Err, not to be rude but why are you here? Where are your other friends aside from Dan?” I questioned and he shrugged. “They’re my team mates but I don’t spend every waking hour with them,” he smirked, “and anyway, I thought we could hang out. Darcy said you’re going out with Ryan on Friday,” He said and his voice grew quieter.

 I nodded and sat on the chair next to me desk. I don’t think sitting on the bed next to him is a good idea.

“Yeah, he seems like a great guy,” I giggled half heartedly and opened my Mac book to have something to do.

“Its funny cuz, I saw you at the movies with err, what’s his name? Yeah, Asher.” He said and got up from the bed and made his way to me. I automatically logged onto Facebook and then quickly shut my laptop so he wouldn’t see any private things.

“Yeah, but he wasn’t really my type. He’s sweet and all but no…” I drawled hoping he’d understand which he did. “And you think Ryan is your type?” He asked and leaned against my messy desk with papers and articles piled up in a huge tower. I couldn’t believe I was having this conversation with Cayden.