CHAPTER | F O U R

After school me and Darcy headed back to my place to look for an outfit. She was stressing over what I’d wear whilst I rolled on my back on my bed. She’d created Mount Everest with the pile of my clothes she’s tossed on the floor.

“We need to go shopping soon.” She said exasperatedly. “We have to make sure you look good when you meet Cayden. Oh and also cute,” She smiled at the last part before turning back to my closet.

“Er, Darcy, It’s a library. What do you want me to do, woo the seventy year old, bald, librarian?” I roll my eyes and start tidying the mess Darcy’s making.

“You never know, the poor man might faint when he sees your skirt above your knees.” She says pulling out my black skirt. I snatched it away and put it back in my closet.

“I’m not wearing a skirt,” I say sternly and she groans. “It’s the library; I’m not dressing up to work on my presentation.”

It’s the first I’ve been out with a boy and even if Darcy’s making a big deal, I won’t. I must seem pathetic as an eighteen year old who has never had a boyfriend, but I’m not going to the library in a short skirt, a lace top and mountains of make-up on. It’ll scream ‘desperate’ and that is not what I am.

“Fair enough,” Darcy sighs and after putting away the clothes that Darcy threw all over the place, I plucked out some dark skinny jeans and a sweater that revealed my right shoulder. Then I grabbed my black boots before I tied my hair up in a pony tail.

“If you wanted to meet Cayden as a hobo, you could have just said,” Darcy comments and I slap her upside the head. She quickly apologises and we head downstairs. I kiss my mom on the cheek and storm out the door to Darcy’s car when her long arms stop me.

“Whoa, where’d you think you’re going?” Darcy asks and I point at her car. “You’re dropping me off, right?” I ask and raise an eyebrow. I knew this girl had all sorts of schemes running in her mind.

“Nope, you’re walking there. It’s not even far from here.” She shrugs and her car beeps open. My mouth opens like a gold fish and I’m in awe. I may not have a car yet, but I will once I graduate but this is completely unfair. We never agreed she’d give me a ride but I just thought she would.

“Wait, why?” I ask before she can drive away without me.

“Because, if you walk there, Cayden will know and then he can drive you home later,” she winks. And there’s the evil plans she’s been concocting. I knew it. I look like an idiot without a car and Cayden takes pity on me.

“You’re trying awfully hard to try and set me and Cayden up when you’ve given me a specific list.” I point out and she climbs into her car and buckles her seat belt.