CHAPTER | T E N

I relaxed when I saw Zeke in the doorway but I couldn’t be too careful, he could blab to mom or use it as blackmail. His eyebrows were furrowed but there was a cheeky smirk on his face.

“Where’s mom? Are you allowed to have him over?” He asked pointing at Cayden. I honestly feel like a little girl needing permission to have friends over. I risked a glance at Cayden who was busy scratching the back of his neck. I ran towards Zeke and pulled him into the next room.

“You will not say a word to mom, got it?” I snarled and he shook his head, tutting.

“I will not take that threat lightly. You know mom doesn’t like you having guys over that she hasn’t met yet.” Said Zeke and I felt like kicking him.

“Well technically mom does know his mom so…it counts somehow.”

“I don’t think it does” he said and folded his arms.

“Yes it does. Please just get lost. You have your girlfriend so go away.” I whine and push him towards the back door so he can leave but no chance. He turned and smirked.

“You’re trying to make him your boyfriend? Why didn’t you say? It is embarrassing that I have a girlfriend and have been laid whereas you haven’t. Must make you feel insecure.” He said and patted my head which crossed the line. I kicked his shin and pushed him out.

Once he was gone I knew I had to face Cayden. Soon as I walked in he was already at the front door. “I gotta go. Sorry about the whole…climbing the window and stuff.” He said giving a small wave before the door shut behind him. I sighed and sat down on one of the steps. I hate this. I hate everything.

***

“Okay, so Asher – tick-“

“And also Pete.” I say and Darcy looks at me. “What? I went on that small Pizza date. That was enough to know the guy. He’s so sweet and adorable but not for me.”

“Okay then, Pete – tick and now just Ryan, Jay and Nate left.” Darcy says with a gleeful smile which I don’t return. The bother she’s gotten me into I can’t even explain how much I want to punch her.

“Y’know, Nate can’t wait to go out with you,” Darcy smiled cheekily and nudged me. I gave a small smile but even the hot boxer that liked me couldn’t cheer me up. Cayden and I had been standing so close that I could smell that minty and musky aftershave on him.

“Promise me on Friday you’ll keep Cayden far away as possible.” I said and Darcy nodded. “Sure, won’t let him ruin your date.”