Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapters 21-30

Chapters 21-30

I looked myself in the mirror. I looked okay. These were clothes my mother gave me but I didn't know what to do with. I'm not much of a fashion girl so when it came to combining things I was clueless.

http://www.polyvore.com/ch_21/set?id=11071969

http://www.polyvore.com/uprising/set?id=11191604

But Lucy wasn't.

She did my hair and makeup as well.

It was almost as if she was my friend. Weird. I know.

We took her car, she doesn't drive she has a driver. The driver was named Lloyd. He was really nice. He opened the door for me.

I thank him as I got in. Lucy didn't even glance at him.

"So!" She said. "How long have you been with Nathan since he woke up?"

"Um, two months, I think." I said.

"Oh." Was all she said.

The rest of the ride I explained what I did since we've last saw each other. I can't even remember the last time I saw Lucy. She just wasn't that important to me.

"So, you and Peter were pretty close while you thought Nathan was in a coma?" She asked.

I don't know what she was implying, like if Peter and I had a relationship or something.

"We were just friends." I said to make things clear. "Nothing ever happened between us."

"I heard about what happened to Roberto, I'm so sorry." She placed her hand on mine and gave me a sincere look.

I took my hand back. "Rodrigo," I corrected. "And thank you."

"Oh right, sorry. I get those names confused." She chuckled.

I couldn't tell if it was fake or not. If she was being fake or not. At times it seemed but then her expressions were sincere. Either she was truly sorry or she's a good actress. Lloyd stopped.

"Thanks." I thanked him when he opened the door. Once again Lucy didn't acknowledge his existence.

"Don't worry, ma'am. I'm used to it by now." Lloyd tipped his hat.

I gave him a warm smile and followed Lucy into a really expensive looking pastry shop. The little bell dings as we walked in. It was small but you could tell it made lots of money because of how well done the displays looked.

"Lucy!" A voice called.

I looked over and saw a women.

She had her red hair in a bun. She was too cleaned to be a pastry chef. I looked to where she came from and saw that there were workers back there doing the actual cakes and things.

"Charlene." Lucy said and they both peck each other's cheek. "It's so good to know you could squeeze me in."

"Of course." Charlene said and looked over at me. She smiled... forcefully. I guess she didn't like me.

"Melinda." I said offering her my hand. She took it as if it was infected and then wiped her hand on her pencil skirt.

I rolled my eyes.

It was going to be a long day. A long, long day.

"What kind of masterpiece are you thinking of?" Charlene asked.

"I'm thinking three layers." Lucy gestured with her hands how tall she wanted it. I started to look around.

I remember when I was ten I wanted to be a baker. I didn't always wanted to be a nurse. I was a kid who wanted to do so many things. One of them was to be a pastry chef. I saw how my nanny Laura would bake the cakes. I loved licking the bowl.