Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 2

"Maybe it's a sign." Linda said over the phone.

"Yeah." Maya agreed she was on line too, we were doing a three-way call.

"I wouldn't call it a sign, exactly." I sighed.

"Uh, yes it does." Linda said. "You've been avoiding the Nathan subject for a long time now, I think it's time you confront it."

"Confront it? How am I supposed to confront something like that?"

"I think you should go to England." Maya said.

"And do what?" I started to raise my voice. "Nathan is still in a coma!"

"No need to raise your voice and it was only a suggestion." Linda defended herself.

"Shit, I'm sorry, it's just been so frustrating."

"We understand but you need to cool down."

Whoa I never met to brag!

But I got him where I want him now!

Whoa I never meant to brag!

But god it feels so good.

I reached for my iPhone.

Peter Watson the screen read.

"It's Peter."

"We'll let you go." Linda said.

"Bye." We all said at the same time and hung up.

The ring tone continued I wasn't sure if I should answer, but I did anyways.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Melinda, it's Peter."

"Yeah, I have caller ID silly." I laughed and he laughs nervously.

"Oh, right. I was wondering if you're up for lunch tomorrow."

"What time?" I said.

"Twelve okay with you?"

"Yeah, my math class doesn't start until one forty-five, so it's good. Where do we meet?"

"At the Starbucks near your school."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How do you know which school I go to?"

He chuckles. "I was a professional criminal, Melinda. I have my ways."

"Stalker." I muttered and he laughs.

"It'll be good to see you." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

After an hour of conversation we hung up. I took a shower and went to sleep. I looked at the ceiling.

"I think I'm drowning asphyxiating I wanna break this spell that you created. You're something beautiful a contradiction I wanna play the game I want the friction. You will be the death of me, yeah you will be the death of me. Bury it, I won't let you bury it. I won't let you smother it. I won't let you murder it. And our time is running out... our time is running out you can't push it underground you can't stop it screaming out..." I muttered softly as sleep took over me.

I woke up at six since class started at eight and I still had to beat the LA traffic to school. I took a quick shower, blow dried my hair and then straighten it. I applied not too much makeup and made my way to school.

"Adios, mami." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek as I'm used to. (Bye, mom)

"Adios, mija, y que dios te bendiga." She said giving me the blessing. (Goodbye honey and may god bless you.)