Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 13

Chapter 13

[Seven Years Ago]

Nathan is seventeen and he has a best mate named Devlin O'Brien. He's closer to him than with Peter Watson. Peter was his friend but Nathan knew that it was because their parents were.

Nathan and Devlin were inseparable. Nathan was the ladies man and Devlin was known to sticking to a single girl and that girl happened to be Lucinda "Lucy" DeFlur. Devlin and Lucy were the couple through out high school.

"You guys ready for graduation?" Charles said over lunch. He had his arm around his current lady named Michelle.

"You bet." Nathan smirked.

"I can't believe we're graduating seems like yesterday we met in grade school." Peter said.

"I just can't wait to travel the world." Lucy said.

Devlin kissed her cheek. "We'll travel baby."

Lucy giggles and nods. "Of course, babe."

Lunch bell rang and it was time to head to their next class. Lucy and Nathan walked together since they had it together.

"You haven't broken up with him, Lucy." Nathan hissed.

"I'll tell him, soon, baby, I promise. I do still care about Devlin I need to let him down easily."

"I just want to be with you." Nathan's hand slips between her thighs and she moans.

The teacher enters and he takes his hand back.

Nathan and Lucy have been sleeping together for four months behind Devlin's back. It was supposed to be a drunk night and a one time thing but temptation kept being thrown at them and they were only human after all.

Nathan felt guilty but he thinks he's in love with Lucy.

After school Devlin and Lucy drive away. He drops her off at her place.

"I'll be back at nine." Devlin felt the luckiest guy in the world. He had the hottest girl in all of London and everything was fine.

Devlin and Nathan were in the mob business and they had little work tonight. They had to get money some guy owed their business.

Nathan and Devlin waited outside the bar and waited for the block.

Nathan took out a cigarette and lit it. He took a long drag before exhaling the white smoke through his lips and nose.

"I'm thinking of actually asking Lucy to marry me." Devlin broke the silence.

Nathan looked over to him.

"What?"

"I think she's the one, man. I really fucking do. I mean, it's not just the sex cause it's amazing."

Nathan should know.

"But... I just love being with her, ya know?"

Nathan shook his foot up and down nervously.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"N-nothing."

Devlin thought it was a bit suspicious of Nathan to stutter but shrugged it off.

[Later]

With ring in his pocket he walked up the drive way. He saw Lucy's light on and he went inside the house. Her parents were out of town and he didn't need to knock.

He went up the stairs.

"Oh... God!" Lucy's moans hit him.

At first he thought it was a movie but then...