Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 12

Chapter 12

[Melinda's Point of View]

"Hmm, delicious." I complimented Peter's cooking. He smiled widely and I saw the sparkle in his eyes.

"I'm so glad you liked it. Means a lot coming from you."

"It seems you actually learned something in culinary arts."

We laugh. I went back to eating my chicken.

"Oh, look at that view." Peter said looking on the other side of the room. I looked over and the scene made my heart stop.

Mackenzie was kissing Nathan.

"Don't cry for him." Peter said firmly but I was confused I wasn't crying, was I? My hand touched my cheek where the warm liquid was falling down.

"I need to go, now!" I removed the napkin from my lap. I got out enough money to pay for the chicken and left it on the table. Peter grips my arm as I was almost out the door. "Just let me go." I almost shouted. It got part of the restaurants attention which brought my eyes back to Nathan and Mackenzie kissing. "Please." I pleaded. I managed to get a loose grip and start to run down the street.

I didn't look back but I heard two people call my name. I ignored them and continued to run. It was foolish to run but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

[I hate him! I hate him!] I thought.

I slowed down as I made a right on a street. I removed the tears and held them back. I let out a shaky breath. It was so cold. I hugged myself. This wasn't exactly the best part of London.

"A lady like yourself shouldn't be alone." A voice said from behind me. I jumped and looked and saw a man. He tossed his cigarette to the floor and stepped on it.

"Thanks for you concern." I muttered feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Would you like a ride home?" He had a deep voice and a slight accent I couldn't place.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure I was taught to never take rides from strangers." I chuckled and turned to walk away. "Let alone talk to one."

"My name is Devlin... there, I'm not a stranger anymore."

"Nice try, but for all I know you could be a rapist or a serial killer."

He chuckles. "You're smart, Melinda."

My blood froze.

This is where the girls stops and says 'How did you know my name?' And ends up in the morgue, so I started to run again and I heard the loud and heavy footsteps behind me.

I looked behind me and found no one, but I still kept running. I stopped when I saw people. I got to the busy streets and got a cab. I told the driver my address and he started to drive.

That was hella scary.

I could've been kidnapped for the second time in my life.

I got home and I went to my fridge and got out a bucket of ice cream. I took a spoon. I went through the channels and settled on a channel that was having a Harry Potter marathon.

It was on the fourth one, the Goblet of Fire. It was where Harry and Ron were in the Yule Ball. It's a bit sad how I knew what they were saying.

I turned off the TV and went to sleep around midnight. I had to work tomorrow. I didn't feel like going anywhere.

My phone woke me up.

I looked at the time. It was five in the morning.

I looked at the caller.