Destiny Keeps Getting In The Wat- Chapter 14-16

Chapter 14

"En el nombre del padre, del hijo y del spirito santo, amen." The priest said during the funeral at church. (In the name of the father, son and the holy spirit.)

Nathan had his arm around me and I leaned on his shoulder. Rodrigo was in a coffin. I couldn't wrap my head around it. It was all so surreal. I always thought he and I would grow old together and stay best friends.

I thought we had more time to go to travel the world. Makes you really think of the saying 'You really don't what you have until you lose it.'

My mom and dad didn't ask about Nathan and I wasn't ready to explain, plus I already forgave him. As much as how wrong he was I love him. I love him too much to stay away.

After church it was time to go to the cemetery. Linda and the others had a few cuts and scraps but since the impact came from the drivers side--Rodrigo was driving--he got the worst.

His parents looked extremely sad and it made my parents more protective.

At the cemetery I placed a wallflower meaning Friendship and Adversity. I walked back to Nathan. Rodrigo's mom had to be taken away because she couldn't stop crying. I felt a little hollow hole in my chest every time I took a breath.

We drove in the same limousine with my family.

"Where are you staying, Nathan?" My mom asked.

"At the Holiday Inn, ma'am."

"You should check out and stay with us." She smiled at him.

I looked over to my dad and he seemed fine with it. I squeezed his hand and he smiled.

"I can't believe he's gone." I said.

My brothers that were sitting across from me and Nathan they looked sad as well.

"I keep thinking... he's going to call me." I choked back some tears.

"He will be missed, hun." My dad said.

The driver stopped at the hotel Nathan was staying and I helped him get his stuff and check out. Soon we were back in my old house. I thought back to the time Nathan lit a whole bunch of candles while 'Hero' played. I think he was thinking about it too because we looked each other at the same time.

I led him to his room. I still had two more days before I had to go back to work.

"I think you need a day to relax." He said kissing my cheek.

"What do you propose?" I asked.

"You just change into something comfortable." He was out of the room before I could say anything.

I trusted him so I went to my room and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a Joker shirt. I pull my hair up and as I looked at the mirror I noticed the bag under my eyes and how puffy they were.

The last thing that mattered to me was how I looked. I removed the runny make up and reapplied it. Ten minutes later Nathan and I were in a car going to the city. He drove, which surprised me because of his leg.

"How's your leg?" It's only been, what four or five days since I found out he's alive?

"Better. I can still drive, Mels. Don't worry."

"Yeah, cause last time you drove everything ended so well." I said recalling the accident that made me lose my memory. I was joking and messing with him, nothing serious.

He pouted and faked hurt. "I am insulted. I happen to be a very good driver and that only happened once."

I giggled. "Sure... and I'm a bald man."