The nerd and the Alpha wolf? - Chapter 8

A/N

So, i asked for 10 votes..instead, i get 25, you guys are so freaking awsome :) Btw! This book has been ranked on like, Whats hot!

Werewolf #146 / Romance #619 / What's Hot #727 ! <<SEE! Thats the ranks! Bam! i love you guys! Heres the chapter..Oh, and..20 votes for the next chapter!

----------------------------------------

Graces POV.

I stared down at my hands, awkwardly, Jace was still sat on my bed, and the room had been filled with a rather un-comftorble silence for atleast ten minutes now, and it was getting kind off awkward,Well, really awkward.

''Do you want to go for a walk?'' Jace asked, breaking the silence, i glanced at him, seriously confused, did he really just ask me to go for a walk with him?

''Are you feeling alright?'' I asked, chuckling slightly.

''A little sick actually..'' He replied, his eyes staring deep into mine, I looked away blushing.

''Do you need to get home, or something?'' I said, rasing an eyebrow, returning my gaze to meet his again, instead off looking away this time, i kept his gaze, finding my self trapped in his stare.

''No, now lets go for a walk.'' He spoke whilst rising from the bed, extended a hand out for me to take, I was a little taken back to start off with, havin an internal debate weather to take it or not, after a few seconds, i decided to take it, His large hand enveloped mine, and i couldnt help but notice how right it felt..

The tingles running up and down my fingers as he laced his own between mine.

I took a deep breath before leading him out off my room and down the stairs, stopping at the front door, ''Mum! Im going out..ill be back later.'' I shouted, knowing my Mum would hear me, i didnt wait for her reply, instead, i opened the door, and walked out, dragging Jace along.

We walked down the empty road in silence, our hands still joined together, i knew how stupid i would probaly look if someone walked past, i had probaly the most goofiest grin on my face, Purpley from the fact that Jace still hadnt released my hand, I knew it didnt mean anything to him, Maybe it was some joke, you know? He'll take me to the park or something ann all his friends will be waiting, they'll probaly egg me or something, but i didnt care, right now, id never felt so complete, and i was willing to take the risk off being Egged..

But to my suprise, he didnt lead my to a park, instead, he led me into the forest, my heart began pounding at all the dangerous things in here..But for some reason, i felt safe, like Jace would protect me, but truth is, if i got attacked by a friggin dear or something, he'd probaly stand there and laugh, call me nerdy or something stupid like he normally does.

''Where are we going?'' I asked, my voice shaking slightly from fear, i glanced around the dark forest, letting out a breath i didnt realise i was holding. I wouldnt lie, i was scared.

His thumb rubbed soothing circles against my hand and i instantly felt relaxed, ''Just wait,'' He replied, smiling down at me warmly, and it wasnt his usually cocky smirk, it was a genuine smirk.

Since when was Jace so nice? Actually, i change that, Since when is Jace so nice to Me?

Something must have hit that boy..And whatever it was must have hit him hard, ive never seen him act so, nice towards me..

It didnt take long before our walking slow down, My breath hitched in my throat at the sight infront off me, It was a large opening in the forest, a small lake ran through the middle, Small flies hovering around it, Tree's circled the small opening, casting shadows down, small flowers were scattered all over the place, and a cloud off fog hovered above the ground, making the little meadow almost look enchanted..

''Jace..'' I managed to chock out, ''This is beautifull.''

He smiled down at me before tugging me into the middle off the meadow, he released my hand, and dissapointment ran through me, I watched as he sat down on the damp grass, And then lay his back against it, his arms resting underneath his head as he glanced up at the dark sky, stars filling it, the moon casting its light onto the meadow, creating a beautifull light.

''How did you find this place?'' I asked, cautisously lowering myself onto the grass, pulling my legs up to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs.

''When i was younger my..'' He stopped suddnely, and i noticed his eyes glistening, tears filling them, He blinked harshly before they were all gone, and then turned back to his cocky attitude, ''Whats it to do with you Babe?'' He asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestivley.

I sighed, i knew the whole, 'Im not a jerk anymore' thing was just an act, he wasnt nice at all, it was just a cover up for the real jerk.

''Or should i say Nerdy?'' He said, laughing at his own joke.

I rose from the ground, glaring at him as i straightened my clothes, ''Cant you just be nice for one?'' I questioned, still glaring at him, ''I though, maybe he's changed, hes gonna take you somewhere nice and apologise for being a jerk to you for all these years..'' I stopped, taking a breath,  ''But no, i was wrong, off course i was, you dont change do you Jace? Off course you dont, your always going to be the ignorant jerk that i hate.''

He stared at me, his face a clear mask off shock, his mouth was opened wide, ''You hate me?'' He asked, hurt flashing across his face.

''I hate you..'' I whispered before turning around and walking away, away from the jerk who had ruined my life, and even though he had ruined it, i couldnt help but feel like he belonged with me.

I guess thats what i get for being a vulnerable nerd.

The last thing i heard as i ran through the forest was the howling of a wolf, it sounded asif it were crying, if it was possible for a wolf to cry, i quickened my pace, scared, although i did wonder if it was the wolf that visited me so frequently.

Another loud howl echoed around the forest and i felt my heart literally crumble at the sound.