The nerd and the Alpha wolf? - Chapter 2

Chapter 2.

Grace's POV.

After Millie slapped Jace she stormed off, out of the cafeteria, probably to go cool down, but that left me stood awkwardly in front off Jace and his now very pissed of group off friends... 

Not good.

I kept my head down not wanting to see their looks off anger, I was sure it would scare me, I got pretty scared easily.

Deciding I couldn't handle the awkwardness any more I turned around and was about to take a step away from them when Jaces deep voice interrupted me, ''Where do you think your going, Nerd?'' 

Oh no... poop! (Sugar Puff's note: This made me laugh.)

What do I? Ignore it and keep walking.

Keep walking.

''Oi! Nerd! Don't walk away from me.''

Walk faster, much faster.

I was so close to leaving the cafeteria when a warm hand caught my wrist, I turned around, and there stood, in all his god likeness, Jace, although he looked kinda angry. Well, very angry. 

His cheek was red from Millies previous slap, I tried to hide my smile, biting my bottom lip.

''Do you think people like you just 'cause your friends with Millie?'' He spoke whilst chuckling. I clenched my fist, I didn't care if he was popular, he had no right having a go at me, I had done nothing wrong. I didn't understand how I had a crush on him, I must have confused it with pure hatred, 'cause that's what I feel towards this boy who had made my whole school life hell, and I wasn't just gonna stand here and take it anymore.

''Jace, no. I do not think I'm popular because I'm friends with Millie, do you think you can boss me around and treat me like crap just because your popular?'' I glanced at him, his eyebrows were furrowed, his mouth hanging open.

He didn't reply.

''Thought so, so how about you leave me to live my life, and I leave you to live yours, your ignorant jerk.''

And with that I turned around leaving him shocked behind me, I'd had enough of people ruining my life, it was pathetic, and incredibly low. I didn't understand why, simply jealous? Or did they do it just for the fun of it? Either way, I wasn't putting up with it.

I made my way down the corridor towards my first lesson, not bothering to stop at my locker. As I entered my Biology class alot off heads turned in my direction, people whispered and pulled out there phones texting others, obviously of my appearance, I guess news travels fast. It didn't suprise me, there were alot of people staring in my direction as I FINALLY stuck up for myself, so of course it would spread through the whole school, and it would keep spreading until the whole school knew about it. It would ruin his big ego, and I knew he'd do something to get payback on me.

I groaned as I walked down the aisle off children taking a seat at the back desk, sitting by myself, as usual. Jace was in this class, he was probaly late, an I had to admit, I was scared, well, more worried that scared of what he would do, or say.

Surely he'd say something, the quiet mumbling of the pupils around me stopped as Jace walked into the class room, his eyes searched the room and as they met mine he sent me a glare, and as the saying goes, if looks could kill, I'm sure I'd be dead right now.

He took his seat at the desk at the front, and spoke to the girl who sat beside him. I noticed her giggle and I couldn't help but feel a little pang of jealousy, no boy had ever made me giggle, infact, no boy has ever wanted anything to do with me.

And I'd had a crush on Jace for years, Millie had told me it was much more than a crush, I mean what type of crush lasts years? But I just couldn't think of it being anything else, it was just my stupid crush on the hot jerk. 

As the teacher began the lesson I couldn't tear my eyes from Jaces back. I was still angry, that much was clear, but I wouldn't say anything else to him.

I was too scared.

I was a chicken.

It didn't bother me though, it's what made me, me.

I normally enjoyed biology, but it seemed as if the lesson was dragging, taking too long, I found myself glancing at the clock far too often, I just wanted the lesson to end, I felt enclosed, trapped, in a box.

The wallse wer closing in on me.

My breathing increased as I realised what was happening, I was having a panick attack.

I didn't have these often, but they did happen.

I raised a shakey hand and the teacher glanced in my direction, ''Are you okay, Grace?''

I shook my head, ''No, can I go to the bathroom please?'' 

She nodded and I rose fom my seat quickly heading out the door, but as I left I notoced Jaces worried stare as I walked out off the classroom, I shook it off, I was probaly imagining things.

I leaned against the wall outside the classroom wall breathing In slowly, it wasn't working.

Beads of sweat were dripping from my forehead and my vision was coming blurred, I heard one voice before I blacked out, and it was one voice I never thought I'd hear say my name.

''Grace!''

Jace's voice.