Chapter eighteen

If you were wondering, we don't set up the New Years Eve party, we leave that to Japan, much to America's pleasure.
He had sent out the invitations and I think Alfred tipped him off since Japan forgot about me too of course.

I guess I was grateful for that, but it would've been nice if he remembered me.
I found out all the countries would be going too, so that would mean Gilbert could come!
And...well, Zoe couldn't come since it was a country kind of thing.

Usually what the activities were, was who could jump off the house and not die, or drink to you die, or get into a car crash and not die.
So yeah, usually the New Year's Eve party consisted of drunken stupid countries who, I might mention, are immortal.

Anyways, the New Year's Eve party is pretty fun, and pretty cool.
Thanks to Arthur, he used his magic, and with help from Romania, to make the place only visible to countries, so Zoe or any other mortal couldn't get in.
Sorry Zoe.
~
It was a few days away, but Alfred was already hyped up about it.
I saw no reason why, I didn't drink. So it was probably going to be boring to the countries who were sober.
Besides, every single country gets drunk, and I'm the only person who doesn't drink.

Why would I need too? It's not like anyone's going to notice me anyways.
Besides, I hate the taste of alcohol. I don't know why anyone would drink it, it's disgusting.
I only drink the finest French wine there is, thank you very much.

Anyways, as I said, Alfred was getting hyped up and so was Papa a little bit.
He was talking of how he couldn't wait to get the old "Bad Touch Trio," together again.
Which, of course, consisted of Spain, Papa himself, and Prussia.
I thought it was cool, but Arthur sure didn't.

"We have two bloody kids, so please don't drink around them." Arthur said, almost pleading.
Papa's eyes softened and he nodded, "I promise Angleterre. I won't go overboard on zhis of course." He said smiling.
Arthur seemed to relax a little and sighed contently.

Alfred made another gagging motion and Arthur shot him a death glare, "Oh shut up America." He muttered and continued to drink his tea and read the England newspaper.
America chuckled and slapped England on the back, "Dude, I'm just kidding bro, go have your mushy moment with Dad then." He said laughing.
The slap caused Arthur to spit out his tea and made him lurch foreword a little bit.

Me and Papa laughed and Arthur was gasping for air.
Alfred was also laughing his butt off and Arthur wiped off the tea with a handkerchief and went upstairs a little angry, yet, we still laughed.
Papa stopped laughing and headed after Arthur, "Oh come now Angleterre! We were just 'aving some fun." He said following Arthur up the stairs and having himself being cursed at.

"Bloody Git's! I'm a gentleman! I shouldn't be dealing with these wankers." I heard him say before he slammed his and Papa's door.
I went to the base of the stairs and was about the climb it when Alfred pulled me back.
"Dude, just let them talk it out, it's fine." He muttered and pulled me away from the stairs.

I nodded and we sat on the couch when we heard distant arguing upstairs.
"W-Well, this sucks." I muttered.
"You have no idea little bro. You have no idea."
"C-Come on, you're only s-seven seconds older." I said, which lead me to sticking out my tongue at him.

He laughed and mock-punched my shoulder, which I swear, would've shattered my arm if I was a mortal.
The guy is freakishly strong, so I just sat there rubbing my arm and cursing in French.

He looked at me weirdly and I rolled my eyes, "L-Listen, if you knew French, y-you'd understand." I said chuckling and soon my arm stopped hurting.
~
Soon, they're fighting died down.
See, that was the thing about Arthur and Francis, they never fought in front of us.
I just wish Alfred and Arthur could've done the same five months ago.

Anyways, we heard the door open and Papa walked down the stairs with a satisfied smirk on his face.
Alfred and I both knew that look.
I think we all know that look.
Ahem.

Arthur followed close behind him, who was red in the face but looked...uh...lets just say happy for now eh?

Me and Alfred looked at each-other and nodded. "Yup. I know Mattie." He whispered to me and wiggled his eyebrow suggestively and we both burst out laughing.

They gave us dirty looks and then they tried to...uh...sit down.
Yeah that didn't work.
Arthur groaned and winced, and of course, Papa did the same.

Me and Alfred turned to each-other and nodded.
"Yeahh...okay bye." Alfred said quickly and grabbed my hand as we left the house quickly.
~
We took refuge at a nearby McDonald's and hung out there for a while.
We discussed his and Japan's relationship, and luckily, he didn't ask any questions about Gilbert.
~
I sighed in relief after we left McDonald's and we drove back home.
We entered the house cautiously and we tip toed upstairs.
We heard noises coming from Arthur and Francis's room and we both ran into our rooms.

I was never more thankful for doors then that day.

As I said before, THANK GOTT.

( AN: I think we both know what happened between Arthur and Francis
They obviously played checkers.)