Chapter eight

The month away from Gilbert was hell, to say at the least. It truly was hell.

Well, sure I was happy to return to my own country, but it just wasn't the same. I tried busying myself by just trying to focus on the problems in the many provinces I had, but it was hard.

Whenever I became bored through the mountains and mountains of paperwork I had to complete, my thoughts would always wonder back to the red eyed albino!

The first week was the hardest of course. I wanted to call him numerous of times, but I felt like I was too clingy. So I didn't, but so many times I almost did. I did, however, call my parents, who were doing just fine on their own anyways.

I also called Alfred, who told me he was also missing a certain Japanese man. I wanted to tell him about Gilbert, but for some reason, I just couldn't yet.

Maybe it was because it was a secret only I could discuss with myself, you know? Nobody needed to know anything anyways. We weren't a couple, and I highly doubted we would ever be.

That thought made me sad. I knew it was a pure fact, but a part of me just kept holding onto that one shred of hope that me and him could end up together one day.

Like I said, it made me sad and it didn't help with trying to focus.

I was tired most of the time, due to all the paperwork I had to go through in such a short amount of time. The most sleep I had during the month was only about five hours. It was torture.

I was sleep deprived and I had a broken heart. Perfect. Just fucking perfect.

(Excuse my language eh? I was tired.)

I don't mean to be in a grouchy mood of course, but I hated the feeling of...being lonely again.

There wasn't much problems in Canada at this time. It was pretty simple, since we never really had violence. Although, that didn't mean there wasn't any problems at all.

There was some bankruptcy in the Northwest Territories so I had to travel there first and resolve that.

Then I had to travel all the way to Quebec to deal with a virus that was going around, so I needed to fix that right away.

It was a very, very busy month. Luckily, there was only a few people who caught the virus and since we had free health care, we solved that pretty quickly.

I had to travel back up towards Northwest Territories, to collect money for the banks, (luckily Papa France helped me with that), and solved that crisis.

I then travelled to British Columbia and stayed in Vancouver for a couple of days to visit my friend.

(Who, by the way, CAN see me. Well....most of the time.)

He's a musician, by the way. He owns a recording studio in the city and is also in this really cool band called Mariana's Trench. I met him a few years back when he first toured Canada.

I have no idea why I'm telling you this, but I figured you may or may not have heard of him. His name is Josh by the way.

~

Anyways, after that, I only had a week left before it was time to return home.

I remembering being so happy, I couldn't wait!

I kept wondering what Prussia was doing. I kept thinking he missed me, although, that could never happen. I mean, who would miss someone invisible?

~

The seven days dragged on and on, and I was becoming more antsy. And then, it was finally the day I would be returning home.

I went to the airport happily and patiently waited for my plane.