Chapter seventeen

After we finished playing Scrabble, Gilbert went and took out the turkey. Me and Zoe made, although it seemed it was forced, some small talk.

"So Matt, what do you do for a living?" She asked politely. I was taken aback by this, then I remembered she didn't know about us.

"I-I....I'm an...accountant." I said. I mentally face-palmed.

"An accountant? Really? Come on Mattie." I thought and continued to smile.

"An accountant huh? That's cool. I just have a job as a waitress for now." She said chuckling.

"O-Oh? What about a-after college?" I asked becoming intrigued.

She thought for a moment. "Uh....not sure. Anything that takes my Diploma." She said shrugging.

I nod, "Yeah. I thought t-that too when I h-had mine." I said thinking about my college days.

She raises an eyebrow, "Uh....are you not younger then Gilbert?" She asked confused.

I blink and began to panic, "N-No! I mean...uh...when I-I'll have my college days." I said a little panicked.

She laughed and nodded, "I see!"

Relief washed over me and I wiped my forehead. I found myself thinking about how me and Prussia met, and I couldn't believe so much had happened in five months.

I remembered Arthur and Alfred fighting, and I shivered but remained calm.

They don't fight as much now thankfully, and they get along, well, MOST of the time.

I'm glad my family was doing better though. Sometimes I like to think I actually did something this time to fix it.

Although, I have a scary thought, and I hope to trust you with it.

Who's going to fix me?

~

After dinner, (which I thought was delicious by the way and, well, everything is better then British food), we sat in the living room and watched T.V for a little while.

It was still a little awkward of course, since Zoe and Prussia were cuddling on the couch and I was just there being the third wheel as always, so I just politely said it was time for me to go.

"Aww! Birdie! You don't need to leave so soo-" he started to say.

"No it's fine. Let him go Gil." Zoe said cutting Prussia off.

Prussia gave Zoe a look of "What the hell?", and I just smiled though a little hurt and grabbed my things.

"M-Merry Christmas Zoe, Merry C-Christmas Prus- I mean Gilbert." I said quickly and left.

"Vhat?! Vait, Birdie..."

I had already closed the door.

~

I drove home rather quickly, and walked into the house a little sad, but happy since it was still Christmas and all. I smelled something burning though, and I rushed into the kitchen to find Alfred and Francis looking rather displeased to the food in front of them.

Arthur made Christmas dinner. Thank Gott I missed this. O-Oh! I mean God.

Uh.....

Anyways, I held back a laugh and sat down, "Y-You made Christmas Dinner D-Dad?" I asked sitting at the table as Arthur set out something that looked like Mashed potatoes, but I had a bad feeling it wasn't.

"Why, I did. I feel great! I think it turned out marvellous, do you not agree Frog?" He asked Papa in his heavy British accent.

Papa moved his hand to his mouth and gagged, but quickly nodded.

Arthur squinted at Papa but never said anything.

He then proceeded to ask Alfred, who looked as though he wanted to jump off a cliff. He wavered but nodded.

I held back another laugh and said, "S-So sorry I missed it. I bet it would have tasted delicious, but I'm w-way to full." I stuttered and both Papa and Alfred looked as though they wanted to kill me.

Arthur smiled and collected the dirty dishes as the three of us sat there.

Francis tried not to throw up, and Alfred looked as though he was ready to kill Arthur at any moment. I finally laughed and they shot death glares at me.

I winked at them and headed upstairs to read one of my new books. I turned around to find Alfred giving me the bird and I saluted him.

I stuck out my tongue and laughed as I headed upstairs. I went inside my room and locked the door and took off my sweater.

I felt my arm and sighed happily. Only a few scars were there, and most of them had healed.

"Kumafuzzle! Almost all of my scars are gone!" I said without stuttering and smiled.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Soon I can wear T-shirts again!" I replied, ignoring his constant question.

I grinned and put on my Canadian music. Which consisted of my friend's band, Mariana's Trench, and Avril Lavinge.

(I may be a boy, but it doesn't mean I don't like Avril Lavinge. Boys can like her too!)

I sighed in content and sung along to the music.

"Why can't you be lonely, lonely, lonely, this just feels so, this just feels so, So Sooonnnnn." I sang the last bar and smiled.

I stood up and danced, then laughed.

"Happily, Ever After we, lived the ennnnddd." I sung trying to be all dramatic.

Kumahaha sat there chewing on a piece of turkey I brought back from Gilbert's, since it was his idea that Kuma would have his own Christmas dinner too, and he ate it happily.

I sang a little bit more before I heard a huge bang on my door. "MATTHEW! SHUT THAT BLOODY MUSIC OFF!" I heard Britain shout and I sighed.

"Y-yeah okay!" I called back and turned off the speakers.

Rolling my eyes, I plugged in my earphones as I type on my computer for a while.

I thought for a moment, and I thought about what I've gone through for the past couple months. I only talked about it with Gilbert, and he's been through most of the stuff.

I wondered if there was more people like us. I hope we're not alone in this.