Chapter seven

As I said before, I was prepared for the day itself, just not what it would become.

I walked down the stairs steadily and smiled. A smile I haven't had since I was at Gilbert's last.
I tip toed to the kitchen and grabbed some leftover pancake I made from yesterday and heated them up quickly. I grabbed my emergency syrup bottle and filled it up with our huge jug of syrup I made Arthur buy, and put the pancakes and syrup in a container and grabbed Arthur's keys.

I walked down to our driveway and got in carefully. I put the container beside me and buckle my seatbelt. I gripped the wheel tightly and breathed.

"Don't wimp o-out now M-Matthew. Just be calm." I repeated to myself, while stuttering a little, over and over and pull out of the driveway.
I drove down the long stretch of road and slowly make my way across town. Nervousness and excitement took over my body as I drove steadily and slowly, taking my time but wanting to go over the speed limit.
~
I pull along side the road and grabbed the container and Mr.KumaRamsay. I breathed in and out and unbuckled my seatbelt.
I get out of the car and walk up the pathway leading to the porch.

I knock on the door steadily and wait a few moments until the door opens, revealing a surprised Prussia.
"Birdie?! Vhat are you doing 'ere?" He asks surprised.
I smile and gulp, "Uh...I just wanted to-to see I-if you wanted to..uh.." I stutter trying to find an actual excuse to say why I'm here.

He tilts his head and his gaze falls to the container. "Vait...are zhose Pancakes?!" He asked excitedly and shifted to the left to let me through.
I blink and walk over the threshold, "Y-yeah. I just came o-over to bring some pancakes!" I said hurriedly and gave him the container.

He grins and turns around and looks at the container with a hungry expression. "How awesome of you Birdie! ~Kesesesese" He said practically hopping up and down and shutting the door.

I walked in and examine the room.
It was still mostly filled with pictures of him and Gilbird, and the room had many, many flags of his country on it.
He really did have a nice house, I guess I just never noticed.

I follow him to the kitchen and sit at the table. He was already sitting at it and eating hurriedly. I held back a giggle as I watch him pouring almost all the syrup on them. I shake my head and smile. He looked up and turned red in embarrassment,

"Oh...sorry Birdie. I am just so awesome I don't need any manners. ~Kesesesese" He said with a quick chuckle as he continued to eat his pancakes sloppily.

I shook my head and beamed, "O-oh no problem. I'm used to it, I mean, I DO live with Alfred after all!" I said chuckling.

He stops eating immediately and looks up at me, "Birdie! You didn't stutter! Oh good!" He said happily.

I blushed and looked down, "I can't b-believe you noticed." I replied very quietly.

He raises his eyebrow and smiles, "Of course I did! I noticed a lot of zhings! I am zhe awesome Prussia after all! ~Kesesesese" he replied while laughing and finishing his pancakes.

I smiled again, looking down for a moment again before sighing sadly.

He finished eating and gave me the empty syrup bottle, before placing his dishes in the sink.

He then proceeds to walk over to the chair beside me and sits down. "You okay Birdie? You seem...sad." He said turning worried.

I shook my head, "They...they were just f-fighting again. That's all." I muttered, turning away.

"Oh Birdie. It vill become better! Zhat I can promise." He said patting my arm.

I shiver and look away blushing, "Ah...thanks." I say giving him a very small smile and before getting up suddenly.