Chapter fourteen

A few days later, we were getting ready to setup for our famous Christmas party. I was in charge of ice and the cups, whilst Alfred was in charge of the decorations.

Dad was in charge of the tree, and Papa had sent out the invitations. When we weren't fighting, we'd make a pretty good team.

The snow was already on the ground. It was about six inches if I remember correctly.

I guess Jack Frost was good to us that year, because everyone was happy that it wasn't a winter that was over the top, like it was the following year. It was cold yet beautiful outside, I remember there was a thick blanket of snow on-top of the town.

It was purely extravagant.

We set up the decorations carefully and Dad took out the lights. He was cursing a storm when he found them all tangled and such.

It was so hilarious, that Alfred took a video. I had set out the long table and collected the many plastic cups we had, and set out a huge bowl of ice, and put in the soda's and a few beers in it.

"P-Perfect!" I said happily as I looked around. Alfred did great on the decorations, Papa had finished sending out the invitations, and Dad was almost done with the tree.

We helped a little, (against his protests), and we finished right on time.

"Mon Deui! It is absolutely beautiful Angleterre." Papa purred in Dad's ear.

Dad blushed and pushed him off, "Bloody frog." He muttered but I could see a little smile.

Alfred faked gag and I laughed.

~

We had scheduled the party the next day, and already people were RSVPing.

Antonio and his partner Lovino could come, Feliciano and Ludwig could also make it, and Gilbert too.

Alfred took the liberty to invite Honda as well, which lead to me laughing hysterically and to him to cupping my mouth and threatening me.

Luckily, the others didn't ask any questions, so that was good.

Although, they did raise their eyebrows at the same time and started to ask, before Alfred quickly stated that it was a private 'twin' joke.

Which I also found hilarious but I didn't say anything this time.

After two hours and a whole lot of cursing, (courtesy from England), we finally finished the room.

It was beautiful. The room was filled with red bows, the tree had the hugest star ever on top of it, the fireplace was decorated with holly and such.

It was marvellous!

But one piece of decoration caught my eye. A mistletoe.

~

I think you can guess what my reaction was. I was very, VERY happy once my eyes laid on the little piece of holly hanging from the front door.

As you can see, I was already excited about this party.

I hardly slept that night, hoping for the best Christmas party ever. When I did sleep, I dreamt of what would happen.

Like, for example, the tree setting on fire and we would have to evacuate the building, some stupid things like that.

I woke up the next morning happy and content. I took a quick shower and gathered my gifts for my family and quietly put them under the tree.

I made breakfast for everyone and I played on my phone until everyone woke up finally.