Aftermath: Part 3

Part 3: Lucy

I skipped into the school with my two BFF's, Ashley and Katherine. We chatted all about school, boys, funny things and jokes, etc. All unaware of what was about to go down.

Katherine departed to her locker with a wave and a perky, "Bye-bye, guys!" Then, once she was out of hearing range, we talked the usual shit about her behind her back.

"She is, like, such a pain in the ass!" Ashley sighed, and I nodded. "I think Katherine just needs some fuckin' sleep pills. I mean, the girl can't. Shut. Up."

I nodded once more. "I so need an aspirin. I'm feeling a big-time headache coming on!"

Ashley's other friends joined up as I left, and I had no doubt that my so-called "BFF" was talking about me the way she and I talked about Katherine. But, like, whatever. I could deal, as long as I didn't have to hear any of it.

I opened my locker and found a note. 'Strange,' I thought. I took out my science textbook along with my notebook, pencil and pen. I grabbed my binder and put my note inside of it, before throwing my pack into my locker and slamming it shut.

I walked to class, my heels click perfectly with every step I took. I sat in my seat, silently noting that Sean wasn't here yet. I smiled and pulled out the note, deciding to read it before class started:

Dear Lucy,

I might never ever, ever forgive you for what you did to me. You haven't truly hurt me that much, but you might as well have stabbed me a hundred times in the chest. I can't believe you had the nerve, at my weak moment, to go from comforting me to smirking in my face. I know you told Sean to do that little trick back there. And I hate you for it. That's all I want you to know. I want you to remember these words, have them seared into your mind forever and ever. You do not have the mental capacity to understand what I've gone through. Sean will explain. He got a little "reminder" too. I hope you know that you caused a girl to die.
From, Danielle

No. Could...could she mean?!

I froze, folding up the note as I stared into the distance. My heart stopped while I put it safely back in my binder. I nearly jumped when I felt Sean's presence beside me. He took one look at me and asked if I was all right, but I didn't answer. I only stared at the desk.

"All right class, before we begin..." I closed my eyes, feeling hot tears as I tuned out Mrs. Eric's words. I tried to absorb all that had happened: supposedly Danielle had committed suicide. I attempted to think of why, but it all came back to me, to Ashley, to Sean, to our stupid little hurtful ideas.

"...You all know Danielle Miller, yes?" my science teacher was saying as the entire class moaned and groaned and sighed. I jerked up as she added, "Yes, well, s-she's...taken her life."

I gaped as Sean gasped, "What?"

I gulped. "No," I silently pleaded, then screamed as loud as I could, "NO!"

'She can't be dead, this can't be true!!!' I thought, bursting out of that cramped room to get away from stares. I hurried to the bathroom, curled up into a ball, and lied there.

'This can't be true, no, no!' my mind raced. I squeezed my eyes shut. Then I ran to the janitor's closet and closed the door, and then began rocking and sobbing all over myself.

'It's your fault,' something said inside of me, and I realized that it was true. It was all my fault. I was to blame.

So I sat there, rocking, crying, and mumbling, "It's my fault, it's my fault," over and over.

And that's how everyone found me two hours later.

------
A/N

Uh oh! We got some people goin' insane :0

So what do you think? I've got two more aftermaths to do. I think I'll do them tomorrow, I'm sooo tired. I'm just, like, lying in bed at...*checking time*...11:32pm, just updating my stories. Hmm. This is on my iPhone too so it's kinda crappy.

Plus my arms hurt from holding up my phone in an awkward position above my head.

Anyways enough of my problems. Sleepy time! *yawn*

~YourRoyalGeek~

PS: I swear if I get any "update now" comments on this after I just SAID I'd do it tomorrow I'll...virtually punch you in the face! Yeah, that'll show you. Nightie-night ;)