Flashback 10

Flashback 10

2 days ago...

I was sixteen now. And, for the millionth time, I was staring into the mirror, thinking about everything. I studied my features: shoulder-length dark brown hair, that seemed to be black, freckles all across my tanned face, and chocolate colored eyes.

I was so ugly.

Suddenly, all of Ashley's and Lucy's remarks about me being a "ugly lesbian" (even though I assure you, I'm not a lesbian), seemed to be true. The ugly part, I mean.

I thought about how I wasn't that talented or witty. Unlike Sean, or any other kid, I couldn't sing, dance, draw, or come up with a funny joke at the snap of somebody's fingers. I realized what a waste of time and space I was.

I tried to shake it off. I needed him. I needed Nick.

'Wait for me, brother.'

---

I knew that Nick was going into the park, probably for a smoke. I knew he was eighteen now, but it still bothered me. No matter what my brother said about being "a legal adult", he wasn't allowed to smoke yet.

I walked to the park, which wasn't that far away. I searched the pond, the bridges, the trees, all the corners and alleys...

'Where is he?!' I thought in panic, now having searched everywhere. I saw the woods-like area right next to the bridge, and decided that the smartest thing to do was look in there.

I walked into the woods and called, "Nick!"

"D-Danielle?!"

Hearing my brother's crackled voice surprised me; I didn't expect him to answer. But then I ran towards Nick's voice. And what I saw, made me gasp.

Cans off Bud Light littered the ground. A hand flew to my mouth as I recognized Mom's Tequila. "B-Bro? What's going on...?" I stammered.

"Don't you see, Danielle?" Nick said, staggering over to me with a can of Bud Light clenched in his hand. "There's no hope, for anyone. My life is shit. Your life is shit."

"...Um, are you...drunk?"

He yelled, "What'd ya think, sis?!" I backed away a few steps, horrified. "Am I just collecting bottles for recycle?!"

Then I slowly walked over to him, pausing to look up at the darkening sky. "The sun's gonna set soon, Nick." I told him.

"So, what, your saying we should go home? Honor our curfew look good little children?" Nick's voice was at a new deadly low.

"No, brother. I'm saying..." I wrapped my arm around him and picked up a can of Bud Light, opening it. "I'm saying that we should drink to that." I took a big slurp of the beer.

'So, here we are,' I thought.

'The two towers have finally broken.'

---

Another A/N:

Hello?! Anybody out there still reading this?!

I doubt it LOL.

But I really could use some motivation... like, oh, I don't know - maybe some votes or comments? Only of you like the story, though.

Thanks! Keep readin'!

~YourRoyalGeek~