Flashback 11

Flashback 11

DAY of the DEATH!

I woke up the next morning, experiencing probably the worst hangover in the history of man. I groaned and rolled over off of my bed, crashing down onto the floor. My head banged against the floor and it felt like my brain had been splattered against my skull.

"Oh, God," I whispered, trying not to make my headache any worse. I coughed and stood up, stumbling, and then falling again onto the floor.

"Why!" I half-yelled, before remembering something Mom told me when I was ten years old: 'Eggs usually help a hangover'.

With that thought, I began traveling downstairs. Thank God that Mom wasn't downstairs yet. I opened the cookbook, flipping pages until I got to scrambled eggs. I nodded slightly and then went over to the fridge.

I grabbed an egg just to have it slip out of my hands and crack all over the floor, but I didn't care. 'Let that bitch we call Mom clean it up.'

Then I turned the oven on an broke four eggs, knowing that Nick would need some, too. Right on que, Nick came wandering into the kitchen, took one look at what I was making, and said, "Want some toast with that?"

Confused, I pulled out the toaster and two pieces of bread. "Why?"

"Shhhhhh!" he said, put his head in his hands. Then he mouthed, "Not so loud."

I nodded and listened as Nick explained really quietly how toast also helped a hangover. So I proceeded to serve the eggs and then make two slices of toast for each of us.

After eating I felt 2% better and went on with my daily routine of getting dressed and ready for school. I decided to take another shower (though I didn't really need one) to wake me up. I finished and got dressed, got downstairs, and with a nod of Mom's head I was in the car.

----

Later that day, in lunch (my hangover had ended by that time), I was enjoying a hamburger when Ashley, Lucy an another of her friends walked up to me, along with Sean.

"Oh look, it's the stalker, Danielle," said Lucy, putting her hands on her hips. I tried not to look up at the moment. I wasn't in the mood for this. "Well, answer me, bitch!"

I closed my eyes and kept chewing. Once I heard silence, I looked up just to see them still standing there. Hating that I had been tricked, I replied, "What?"

"Sean has something to say to you!" Ashley said, smirking and pushing him forward.

"Well, go one, tell her what you told us," Lucy added, flashing me a grin.

He gulped and looked up at me. "Danielle, listen, I'm so, so sorry for what I did when we were in eighth grade. I know it totally messed up your life. I wasn't in love with you the day that I kissed you, or any day before that. All I wanted to do was have some fun and get away with another girl's heart."

I raised a brow, wondering where he was going with this.

"Anyways, I just came here to say..." Sean paused. "That I do know."

'Wait, what?!' I thought.

"Danielle, I truly love you. And from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry."

I locked eyes with him, with a new hope in my eyes. "Really?" I gasped.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, time out! I just had to stop you there!" Ashley giggled. "That really was amazing. You are such a great actor, Seanie-Beanie!"

My heart suddenly seemed to feel like it was being ripped from my chest. "Wh-What? I gasped, leaning onto the table for support.

"That's right, um, it was all a joke!" Sean said nervously. "Good one, babe!"

Lucy smiled, pulled out her phone and pressed "stop". "Oh my God, guys, I recorded the whole thing! This is sooo totally going on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram..."

But by then, my heart was pounding so hard that I could hear it in my ears, which blocked out the sound of her listing off websites. With fresh, hot tears rolling down my cheeks, I got up and bolted for the door. "Danielle, wait!" called out Sean, but I guess I imagined the concern in his voice.

I rushed to the girl's bathroom, checked under all the stalls to make sure they were empty, and began to cry some more. I sat on the toilet seat sobbing. I just hated my life so. Fucking. Much.

'Then end it,' a little voice piped up in my head. 'Those bastards wouldn't miss you. The world would be better without Danielle Miller.'

'No!' I argued. 'What about Nick?! He's always been there for me, and I have to be there for them. Wouldn't he at least miss me?'

'Why should he?' it tore at my heart. 'You're right, he's always been there to catch you, but have you? When he started smoking, did you do anything? No. When he started skipping school, did you help him? No. When he began drinking, did you try to convince him to stop? No! You joined him! I don't think he has any reason to love or miss you.'

I started thinking of witty comebacks, but then stopped. This voice was actually right. Nick probably hated me. But then I decided to throw back, 'So, even if I did decide to kill myself, what would I do? Cut my wrists open, or hang myself? Because Mom hides the knives and I'm pretty sure we don't have rope.'

'A smartass. I like it,' the voice chuckled, making me shiver. 'No. Do you think that Nick would have any sleeping pills?'

'No, actually, he doesn't. But Mom does, its her medication.'

The voice said, 'Great. Steal the pill bottle, and just before you go to sleep, down the whole thing. Ok?'

I was almost about to respond with a classic, hell no, but then I realized his much sense this voice guy was making. I smiled and nodded, then ran to my next class before the bell rang.

----

Later in 6th period, I pulled out five pieces of paper. I used one if each to write a note to Lucy, Ashley, Sean, Mom and Nick. I then put each paper back in my binder and smiled.

-----

After school was over and all the car riders had gone to the pick-up line, I took out three of my notes: Lucy's, Sean's and Ashley's. Then I put on a bright, happy face and slid the notes in their lockers.

-----

After I came home, and it was late (6:00), I came up to Mom. "Mommy, I love you. I know you can hear me even though you pretend you can't." I took a deep breath as her back faced blankly towards me. "I just want you to know that I didn't want to be raped. Or to have sex. I didn't want any of it. That's all."

I paused, waiting for a response, but Mom just kept stirring her bowl of soup. I sighed and ran up to Nick's room. There I found him sleeping. Smiling, I whispered, "I love you, Nick. You've been my rock." Then I kissed his forehead and placed his note from me onto his dresser.

I closed his door quickly and ran to the bathroom, and opened the cabinet above the sink. I quietly grasped the pill bottle, closed the cabinet door, and rushed up to my bedroom. There, I placed to pill bottle on my dresser and turned on the television.

-----

Well, after all that drama there honestly isn't much else to tell. I watched TV until about one o'clock in the morning, and then snuck to Mom's bedroom. There I found her sound asleep.

Just what I needed. I rushed over and put the note on her dresser. Then I hurried back to my bedroom, picked up the pill bottle, and proceeded to end my life.

------
A/N:

THE END?

I know you guys are like, "Oh no, the story is over!" But I decided to do something special. Basically, imma have an epilogue called "Aftermath", showing different people's P.O.V's, and after those are done, THEN the story will be over.

No sequels will be written (sorry!)

~YourRoyalGeek~