Changed

Kiana

Kiana

"How's everything going over there? Having fun without me," Dylan asks.

I roll my eyes playfully even if he can't see and scoff.

"It just feels so weird to be back you know," I admitted. "I mean at first they all looked sorry for me because of the things that have happened in my life and I can't really get used to that you know."

"I know the feeling. When dad lost Uncle Dylan it was hectic and depressing according to my grandpa," Dylan said.

"Death is overall sad but it's there. It's going to happen eventually," I said.

"You are right, anyways. I'll let you get back to your movie okay," Dylan said.

"Okay Dyl," I smile. "Goodnight. See you in a few days."

"I'll see you then Kay," Dylan said. "Goodnight."

Dylan and I ended our phone call for the night and I made my way back into Ron's room with everyone's eyes on me.

"Hey guys," I said awkwardly as I entered the room.

"Hey Kay," they reply.

I sat next to Hermione and laid my head on Ginny's lap. Ginny ran her fingers through my hair.

"So your friend," Ron began to say.

"You'll meet him eventually, when we go shopping for school," I said.

Silence.

"There's nothing going on between us look. He's been homeschooled for most of the time and wants to try out the school life. I met him when I went out surfing and we clicked. He's really nice," I said.

"I just want to see a picture," Ginny smiled. "I need to know if he's cute."

"I guess you'll have to meet him tomorrow," I chuckled.

"So his name is Dylan Smith," Harry asked.

"Yes Harry," I answered.

"Has Cedric met him? Or the others," Fred asked.

"Cedric is going to be finding out about him soon," I chuckled. "Cedric is visiting tomorrow and I'll tell him about him."

"Do you like him," George asked.

"Dylan? I don't know I just don't think I have time for a relationship while we are in the middle of a war," I said.

"Yes. Well, now that we're making things awkward let's watch this movie," Jake chuckled.

"Let's," I said.

****

Everyone was sound asleep as the end credits rolled. I stood up and carried Ginny and Hermione into our room and set them on their beds. I came back and carried the twins into their rooms.

"How can you hold both of them," Harry whispered.

"A protector is stronger than an average human," I whispered.

Harry smiled. After I set everyone in their beds I walked out of the burrow and laid in the grass. I noticed Harry followed me.

"I missed you a lot," Harry said.

"Yeah. Me to," I sighed.

"How are you," Harry asked.

"I'm better. It just feels weird to be back you know," I admit.

"How so," Harry asked.

"It just does," I said.

"I agree," Harry said.

"I guess," I yawned.

"Things are going to be different this year. Aren't they," Harry asked.

I chuckled sarcastically.

"Well, when are things ever normal for us," I asked.

"Before we became friends again, you had a happy life. I pulled you all into this and that's my biggest mistake Kiana was putting you through so much hurt," Harry said.

"It isn't your fault these things are happening Harry, without you I would've never met my father and real family," I said. "I wouldn't know what assholes or family members I have and what nice members I have. Without you I'd probably be evil. I wouldn't have known that my father was innocent all these years or that Diana was evil. Or that I had more siblings."

I felt a warm tear slide down my cheek.

"This is the first time I've heard you talk about them," Harry whispered.

I look down at our feet.

"I just miss him so much my dad. He didn't deserve to die. Merlin knows where Christian is and it's all my fault. I should've stopped Diana," I cried harder.

I felt Harry's hand wrap around mine.

"It isn't your fault," Harry whispered.

"Everything will be different I won't see Cedric, Jace, Lucas, Ernie or Christian anymore. I won't have their stupid Quidditch rants and jokes. Everything is going to be so different," I sniffled.

I rose my pinky in the air.

"Promise me that you'll never leave me," I ask.

Harry wrapped his pinky around mine. I sent him a warm smile.

"I promise," Harry smiles. "Besides I can't leave my first friend."

The two of us looked up at the night sky. My eyes felt heavy and the next thing I knew I fell sound asleep.