Last day at Shell Cottage

Kiana

Kiana

"Hey day dreamer, you awake over there," Dylan smirks.

I roll my eyes at Dylan and return my attention back to the waves.

"Do you really think it's a great idea to surf at night," Dylan asks.

"Live a little Dylan," I smile.

Dylan rolls his eyes at me and reaches out a hand for me to hold.

"Your right, the waves are better and bigger at night," Dylan said. "But it's colder."

I produce a fire in the palm of my hands and I can see Dylan's face in the light of the fire. The two of us look up at the stars and smile. I extinguished the flame and patted Dylan on his bare back.

"Ready to shred some waves," I ask.

"Born ready Black," Dylan chuckled.

The two of us laid on our stomachs and began paddling to the bump of the wave. We glide over the wave and stand up as it begins to form into a tunnel. The two of us surf in the cone and make our way back to shore laughing.

"That was fun," Dylan said.

"It was," I smile.

It grew silent between the two of us and I glanced at the Sirius star. A small frown forms on my face and Dylan notices. He wraps and arm around my shoulder and I lean my head against his chest.

"You miss him," Dylan said.

"I do," I admitted. "But I'm also going to miss this place. For once in my life since I've been at Hogwarts I feel at peace with myself."

"Well you'll have a piece of this place with you this year," Dylan said.

"Really," I asked.

"Remember that one night you ate at ours and my dad couldn't stop talking to you. He and your mum were friends and well ex lovers. He still loves her that much is true. Anyways. He agreed to let me come to Hogwarts this year with you," Dylan said.

I break out smiling and hug Dylan tightly.

"Good. Because I have a feeling this year is about to become a whole lot shittier," I admit.

Dylan held my hand in his as we gaze at the Sirius Star together.

"Thank you," I said. "For helping me out of a dark place Dylan."

"Anytime Kiana. Anytime," Dylan said.