11. My Story

Me:wow i should really keep track of my note book

Gaara: Why?

Me: because that's were i keep my story DUH

Areya: i cant believe you almost lost the damn thing

Me: Hey! Shut up!

Areya: I'm practically you, so you're telling yourself to shut up

Me:........

Areya: you should your face! XD

UNTO THE STORY!

---------------------------------

3rd POV

-That night-

Areya stared out the window of her bedroom in Naruto's apartment and breathed in the night air. Darkness had settled in the village, with the moon's lights its only friend. It was a chilly night, the winds lapping at her nightgown. But it was peaceful. The daily workings of the people had settled down to comfort and peace. All but her. Nightmares plagued her, the ones she's had since the incident.

They were random, never having any sort of pattern or trigger fot that matter, but they always left her with the distinct feeling of heavy loss and sorrow. She could never remember the nightmares, but she always remembers waking in tears and gasping. Lack of sleep was not uncommon on these particular nights.

Her gaze landed glazely and the building across from her, a hotel if she remembered corrrectly, before coming to focus at the figure standing on it's roof. A flash of distinct red hair gave away the person's identity.

Quietly, so as to not wake Naruto, who got into a rather grumpy mood if woken up before noon, she grabbed her sandals by the front door and made her way to the building across from her window.

---------------

Her feet landed stealthily on the roof, not a single noise from her landing. She studied the figure before wondering as to why was he out this late. His arms were crossed, his calm glare directed at the night sky as if it was its fault on why he couldn't sleep. He was still in his clothes, not even bothering with the comforts of sleep ware. His eyes twitched, miniscule from her perspective but caught it anyway, as if he was keeping himself from sleep's grasp.

She stepped forward only to recoil from the sand that began wrapping around her body, it's tight embrace leaving her winded.

"Gaara, let go, it's me, Areya." she said.

A quick flash of confusion passed his eyes, leaving as quick as it came, before he let her down softly so as to not hurt her further. Her sandaled feet gently touched the roof and she let out a sigh of relief.

"What do you want?" he asked softly, but she could hear the weary tone underneath. He was tired, it barely showed on his face, but he couldn't fool her.

"You," she said.

As the words escaped her lips, she was wrapped by Gaara's strong arms. It was warm and she just melted right in. They talked about each other's pasts. Areya had gotten most of her memories back during the weeks she had trained with Jiraiya-sensei. His presence being the key to her locked memories.

She had nearly burst into tears when she heard Gaara's past. How the Shukaku, the sand demon, was sealed into him at birth, how his presence would not let him sleep, how he was treated most of his childhood, and how his uncle, Yashamaru, the only person Gaara loved, killed himself in an attempt to kill Gaara.

"That sounded terrible Gaara," she said, trying to hide her quiet sobbing.

Gaara looked shocked. He quickly began telling her she should be afraid of him because he was a monster. She smiled and looked at the night sky and began her story.