3. Powers

I don't own Nauto, Masashi Kishimoto does

All I own is Areya and A bag of skittles

EDITED: 3/10/14

===================================

OK, so not necessarily a piece of cake. I was trying so hard to stay above the water knowing what was below, but my chakra refused to keep my feet above water level. Oh, and Kakashi had the smart idea to do this in the MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING LAKE!!! He stood on top of the water like he owned the damn thing.

 "Show off," I muttered.

 We were all struggling to stay up. Sakura was probably the only who was above the water. She just needed to keep her chakra flowing, but she was having trouble with that. Sasuke and I were only down to our ankles but Naruto on the other hand.....

"Naruto you need to use the chakra on your feet," Kakashi said as he glanced at the poor boy.

"I'm trying, Kakashi-sensei!"

Naruto was almost half-way down the lake. His face was constructed into one of pure concentration. I looked over to the young boy and shouted some encouragement.

 "Don't worry Naruto you can do it!" I yelled. 

 He looked away trying to hide his blushing face. But then I slipped on my control. I felt the invisible barrier holding me up disappear, and I dunked in to the lake feet-first. Everything somehow went in slow-motion.

Sakura screamed, Naruto and Sasuke's eyes widened. Kakashi began to run towards me, trying to grasp one of my shaking hands. I fell and I could barely see the blurry figures of my teammates. Then something snapped. I started growling and I was surrounded in blue-green chakra.

Kakashi's POV

She was surrounded in blue chakra. It was shaped into something, like an animal of some sort. I could feel the potency of her chakra, washing over me and making me shiver.

 'What is this?' I thought.

My eyes widened though, when the chakra exploded and Areya shot up into the sky, shooting up torrents of water. She landed on her hands and feet, her body staying above the water, in a predator cat-like form. Now that she was above water I could see her better. She was covered in aquamarine-colored chakra. It formed into a fox-looking shroud with two tails.

"Grrrr...," She growled out. Her hair ha turned into a spiky mess, ripping apart the light-blue hair tie she had used before. Her hands and feet pertruded claws and her canines had grown significantly longer. Her eyes were not the previous pretty chocolate brown. They were blood red and were slitted like a cat's.

Suddenly it came to me.....

--FLASHBACK--

I was fighting Zabuza when I saw him. Naruto. He had swirling red chakra around him in a shroud. His eyes were red with slits. His whisker marks seemed to be darker on his face. He let out a loud growl.

"Naruto!" I shouted.

"Don't lose sight of your opponent, Kakashi," Zabuza taunted.

Naruto was jumping to punch Haku, Before I faced Zabuza again.

---END FLASHBACK---

'Could she be like Naruto?' I asked myself as she stared me down for any hint of moment.

"Guys, stay where you are. We don't want to antagonize her!"