Chapter 35 (Day 30)

Maria's POV

I was running around the apartment making sure I had everything I needed. Today was the day. I had my backpack and suitcases filled with things but I felt as if something was missing. Charlie was at the guys' place after he said once I leave he would live there. The guys already agreed so he was getting to know them better. It was 10 and Eugene would pick me up a little before 12 when his private jet was taking off. I saw this clipping from a news paper talking about Max's accident. I decided to put it in the pocket of my backpack. At 11:27 I had all my stuff and went to say goodbye to everyone. I walked up to Charlie first and squeezed him tight. Then it was James, then Logan, then Alexa. Finally I got to Carlos who had his head down. I wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I said to him.

"Me too." He sniffled. I kissed his cheek and then went to my apartment to get my bags. Once I had them I walked downstairs to see Eugene waiting for me. He took my hand and led me to his car. Next stop, Liverpool.

Kendall's POV

I had a lot of time to think last night and I decided I would stop her before she leaves with Eugene. The doctor said I can leave and it was already 11:30. By the time I ran home it was 11:40 and Maria was gone.

"Dammit!" I yelled. I slid down the doorframe of her apartment and sobbed. How could I let her leave? She was supposed to be my wife, my everyday girl. I felt my hand slid over a paper. I took the paper confused and it said

"Local resident, Max Williamson was in a car accident yesterday and it was horrendous." This looked like the Max I met when I was in a coma. Why would she have a news paper clipping about him. Wait, that Max and her Max are the same Max. I picked up the clipping and ran to Carlos. He was friends with Maria so he probably knows what's up. I walked into the apartment and went up to Carlos who was sitting on a chair.

"Did she tell you about Max?" I asked.

"Kendall, you're alive!" He exclaimed.

"I said did she tell you about Max."

" I promised I wouldn't tell."

"Carlos this is serious, I might never see Maria again!"

"Fine, Max was her boyfriend. She loved him Kendall, a lot. Then he got in an accident and died. She became bitter and hated people."

"That's why she dumped me. Because she thinks I intentionally killed Ciara. Quick, do you know when her flight is leaving?"

"Yeah at 12. Why?"

"I'm gonna get my girl back. Can you drive me?"

"In sorry my car is in the shop."

"Dammit." I started to walk out the door when I saw Jo.

"Jo, can you drive me somewhere?" I asked.

"Sure, where?" She asked.

"Eugene's place."

"Why?"

"I need to get to Maria before its too late."

"You really love her don't you?"

"Yes, I do."

"Let's go." We ran to her car and it was 11:45. When we got to Eugene's place it was 11:52. I ran out the car but not before giving Jo a hug. I ran to the back yard and there Maria was about to get on the plane.

"Maria wait!" I yelled. She turned to me and her eyes got wide.

"Kendall?" She asked.

"Maria you can't leave!"

"Why not?"

"Max's death was an accident, but I'm glad of it because it brought me you. Maria Ciara's death was an accident. You don't need to be afraid. I just want to love you because Maria, I love you more then I've ever loved anyone else, myself included. I've wanted to asked you this question before I was in the hospital but, I just need to know. Maria one month ago today you confided your trust in me, to help you, to fix you. Before my intentions were to help a potential friend but I fell in love with you along the way and I need to know. Maria Richards would you marry me?" She looked at me with her mouth gaped open.

"But what about Eugene?" She asked. He then came out of the plane and said

"Maria, it's ok. I recently found out I was in love with someone else."

"Who?" She asked. He took a deep breath and said

"Jo."

"Me?" Jo said walked from the side of the house.

"Jo, I-I-I..." He trailed off. She stood in front of him and put a finger to his lips.

"It's ok, I feel the same." Then she pressed her lips to his. I turned back to Maria and said

"So whatta ya say. Will you marry me?"

"Yes. Yes Kendall yes I will so totally marry you." She said. I smiled and all of my doubts flew out of my head. I pulled her to me and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer.

"Kendall, can we go home now?" She whispered breathlessly to me. I nodded breathless too. We made out way to Jo's car cause we figured she would be staying the night. Since Maria sold her apartment. I was gonna let her live with me until we're married and move into a bigger house. We walked into the apartment and everyone turned to look at us and our interlaced hands. They smiled, cheered and clapped, but it got even more loud when we showed off the ring. After a full day of celebrations we all retired to sleep. As Maria got dressed in black fluffy short shorts and a crop top I was on the bed shirtless in boxers. As she slipped into bed I wrapped my arms around her and brought her cold skin to my warm one.

"Maria?" I said into her hair.

"Mmhm?" She replied.

"Are you cured now?"

"What?"

"It's been a month. Would you say that I did my job right?"

"Kendall, I've made new friends, visited my family, found my brother, and I'm getting married. You totally did your job."

"Told you I would fix you."

"Yeah you did." And we drifted to sleep.