Chapter 18 (Day 13)

Maria's POV

At 4 o'clock AM the plane landed and we were in New York. Charlie and I got our luggage and got a taxi. It was 5 when the taxi stopped at his house. It was a light brown. We walked in and I took a shower. After my shower I got dressed in a blue hoodie and sweat pants. I made some tea and sandwiches for us. Once he came out of the shower we sat down and ate.

"So, why did you leave LA?" He asked.

"I had problems." I said.

"Like what?"

"I pissed off this guy way too many times and my boyfriend hasn't texted me or called in forever. I just left."

"Who is your boyfriend?"

"Haven't you been reading the magazines. Eugene Simon."

"Oh."

"Have you been in touch with mom and dad lately?"

"Mom and dad? You have to leave now!"

"Why?"

"Just trust me!" He pushed me trough the door when my family was on the other side.

"Shit." I whispered.

"Maria." My mother said snootily. I just wanted to slap that bitch upside the head.

"Hello mother, Trent." I said his name in disgust.

"Dumb bitch." He muttered. I glared at him.

"Maria!" Said a voice. Then Ciara pushed her way through mom. I smiled and she came to hug me. Her light brown hair in a high ponytail. Hugged her tightly.

"Hey Ci, how's it been?" I asked.

"I miss you." She said. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"So Maria, how's the garbage been?" Trent asked with a smug smirk.

"Fuck you." I said.

"Don't talk to your father like that." My mother scolded me.

"That's not my father! My father was smart enough to leave while he had a chance!" I screamed.

"Watch your self you piece of shit!" Trent said.

"Make me bitch!" I spat and he came over and slapped me. I fell to the ground and Charlie ran over to my side.

"Trent, Stop!" He screamed. Trent was fuming and Ciara was hiding behind the couch. My lip was bleeding and I was pretty sure there was a mark on my cheek. Trent came over to me and held my mouth.

"Watch yourself bitch." He whispered harshly. He slammed my face to the ground and I blanked out.

*4 hours later*

I woke up on Charlie's bed. It was 9. I got up and heard voices. I walked outside and it was Charlie and Ciara.

"You're ok!" Ciara screamed when she saw me. She tackled me in a hug.

"I'm fine Ci." I said.

"Thank god you're ok." Charlie said.

"Where did Trent and mom go?" I asked.

"Once you blacked out Trent took mom and said they're leaving the state. They left Ciara here." Charlie replied. I smiled and said to Charlie

"How are we gonna support Ciara?"

"I don't know." He said.

"I know what I have to do."

"What?"

"We're going to LA!"

Kendall's POV

The guys and I were at the studio.

"Dogs! I regret to inform you that we've lost our girl singer, Maria. She left for reasons unknown, but she's gone. I'm gonna try to set up some auditions for a replacement." Gustavo said. He left with Kelly in tow. Carlos looked over at me frowning. I shifted uncomfortably. We all got up and left but I dawdled for a while. I walked over to her studio where she was recording songs. She had a couple saved in the machine. I started listening to them. The first was a song called "It's You" then another one called "Forgive Me" and then the last one that really got to me was called "More Than Just Friends". I took off the head phones and it was 12 o'clock. I walked home and ate lunch. I had a cheese burger and fries. Katie walked over to me

"Kendall, are you ok?" She asked.

"Maria's gone and its all my fault. I should have listened to her instead of shutting her out. Now she's gone." I sobbed. The first time I really cried this hard for a girl.

"Kendall I'm sorry, but you gotta get over her."

"I can't. She's the love of my life."

"Yeah the love that doesn't feel the same way."

"Katie, you don't understand. I have zero chances with this girl and I should just give up, but she just keeps finding her way back to my heart." Katie was speechless. She just nodded her head and walked into her room. After lunch I decided to take a nap.

*4 hours later*

I woke up to screaming. Logan was screaming at someone on the phone.

"Listen for the thousandth time, I don't know where the fuck she is!!!" He screamed to the other end. There was silence until Logan said

"Oh yeah, well you can shove you opinion up my-" I stopped him and took the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Finally, someone respectful. Kendall, do you know where Maria is?" The person asked.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"It's me Eugene." Eugene said.

"Maria's in New York."

"What! Why?"

"I don't know."

"I'm coming back to LA." He hung up and I dropped the phone. I sighed and walked to Palmwoods park. I sat on a bench and started singing "Worldwide". After that, the guys and I went to the beach. We stayed there for about 4 hours and by then it was dark. When we got home. There was someone in Maria's apartment. I opened the door and there was a guy with brownish blondish hair and a little girl with brown hair.

"Hello, I'm Charlie." The guy said once he noticed I was standing there."

"Hi." I said. Just then Miranda walked out in shorts and a sports bra. Her hair in a tight pony tail.

"Hello Kendall." She said. There was a bruise on her cheek the shape of a hand and her eye was turning purple.

"Are you ok?" I asked. She turned her head.

"Um Charlie and company can we have some privacy please?" I asked. He hesitated but once Maria gave him a nod, he kissed the top of her head and they left. I sat with her on the couch.

"Maria, what happened?" I asked softly. She then broke down and started sobbing into my shirt.

"Trent hurt me." She sobbed.

"Your father or stepfather." I asked she nodded. She continued to sob into my shirt until she fell asleep, it was 11 so I tucked her in. I traced the imprint on her face with my finger. Just then the door flew opened and Eugene came in. He saw her on the bed and said

"I thought she was in New York."

"She came back." I replied.

"Ok."

"I'll leave you two alone now then."

"Kendall, thanks for watching out for her. If only we could always be together."

"No problem man." I walked out the door and into my apartment. Charlie and the little girl were sleeping on our couch. I walked into my room and went to sleep.