Chapter 27 (Day 22)

James's POV

I woke up at 5 and the house was silent. I creeped to Kendall's room and saw he wasn't there. Of coarse. He was always sleeping over at Maria's now or she was over here. I walked into the kitchen and I saw Jo and Eugene. They were whispering. I moved closer to listen.

"So how do we break them up?" Jo asked.

"Jo, I don't like this. They seem happy." Eugene said.

"They should be happy with US."

"Ok, ok! So how do we break them up?"

"Get rid of a loved one." I gasped and they turned to me. I ran out into the hallway and I was tackled by Jo. She straddled me and said

"What did you hear."

"N-nothing." I stuttered.

"What did you hear!!"

"I know you're gonna kill someone from Maria's family." She slapped me and said

"Eugene get me a pan." Eugene came back with a huge pan.

"Your not gonna get away with this." I said.

"Try saying something when you're dead." She said. She hit me on the head a couple of times and I started to see spots. Then I went into darkness.

Maria's POV

I woke up to hear grunts outside. I shook Kendall awake.

"There are strange noises coming from outside." I said. I was in one of his huge shirts and my underwear. He was in some pj bottoms. He took my hand and we walked outside. I screamed as I saw a lifeless bloody James on the floor. I dropped down to the floor and sobbed holding him close to me. Kendall ran to call 911. Logan and Carlos ran out to see what was happening. When they saw the sight Carlos ran to throw up. I left Logan with James and ran to Carlos. He was haunched over the toilet.

"Los?" I asked. He turned to me his eyes looking bloodshot. I walked over to him to rub his back. He hugged me and started to cry some more. We heard the police come up so Carlos and I went outside. By now everyone in the Palmwoods was up. Even Jo.

"Oh my gosh, James! Is he gonna be ok?" She asked clinging onto Kendall. I shot daggers at her with my eyes. Kendall couldn't see she was all over him so I walked over to them.

"Jo, I haven't seen you in a while. Too bad it had to be under terrible circumstances." I said. She nodded and walked away. Just then Charlie and Ciara came walking down the hall. She looked over to the puddle of blood. She ran over to me sobbing.

"It's ok Ci. I'll never let anything hurt you." I said hugging her. Then Jo walked back over and said

"Whose this?"

"My little sister Ciara." I replied.

"She's pretty."

"Thanks, she's my pride and joy." Jo nodded and then left by now everyone had cleared out and James was already at the hospital. I put on some short shorts and a bra then left in Kendall's shirt. I fixed my hair in the car. Kendall had on a T-shirt and his pj bottoms. Logan and Carlos were in their full pjs. I put my hair in a ponytail and looked down at my phone. I was reading some tweets until we got to the hospital. I decided I would tie Kendall shirt up to my waist. We walked into the hospital and asked if we could see James. They said he just came back from having stitches. We were aloud to go up anyway. When we got up James was drinking water.

"James!" I squealed running to his bed side. I wrapped him in a hug and kissed his cheek.

"Hey Maria." He replied kissing my cheek. Kendall Logan and Carlos all gave him a hug. I called the girls and they were here in a heart beat. Halston was the first to James before Alexa.

"Oh my gosh James are you ok?" She asked.

"I'm fine baby." He said kissing her.

"Do you know who did this to you?" Carlos asked.

"All I remember was waking up and getting out of bed then I'm waking up in a hospital." He said. I tried thinking of who could have done it but nothing came to mind.

"So when can you get out?" Kendall asked.

"I don't know maybe today or tomorrow?" James replied. I sighed and sat in the chair. It didn't make any sense. James is such a sweet guy. Kendall came over to me and put his arm around me.

"Maria, whatcha thinking about?" He asked.

"Who would do this to sweet innocent James?" I said.

"We'll find out Maria. We will." I smiled at him and pulled him into a full hug. We asked the doctor when he could leave and they said by tomorrow. We talked to him for hours and then said goodbye to James and all went home. Kendall and I went to my apartment and Charlie and Ciara went out with some guy Ciara's been taking about. Kendall had me on his lap with my head on his chest and my arms around his neck. His hands we around my back and we were watching TV.

"Maria you know I love you right?" Kendall suddenly asked.

"Coarse babe." I said. He smiled and kissed my temples.

"Just remember its family first always. So if you ever hurt my family we're over." I said. Kendal nodded his head and we eventually fell asleep around 1.

*4 hours later*

Kendall's POV

I woke up and Maria wasn't here. I heard the water in the shower going so I guessed she was in there. I walked to the kitchen and made a sandwich. As I was eating Maria came out and made me choke on my food. She was in super short shorts and a sports bra and sandals.

"Ken, are you ok?" She asked. I nodded to her and she came to take my hand.

"Wanna go jogging?" She asked me.

"Sure." I replied. I put on a tank top and shorts. We ran to the beach and decided to stay for a while. I pushed her into the water and she pulled me in. Then we sat on a rock and watched the people come by. We saw this little girl and I said to Maria

"She looks like you." She looked at me with a confused look.

"That little girl in the water. The one splashing that little blond kid. Her brown hair a light and whispy and her blue eyes. That kid and his green eyes." I explained. She took a closer look and she slowly started to smile.

"Us." She whispered. I kissed her cheek and then looked at my phone. It was 7 o'clock so we went home. Everyone was on the couch watching TV. We decided to sit and join in. At 8, Maria and I went to her apartment. We got in bed and I felt Maria suddenly fly up.

"Ciara and Charlie never came home!" She gasped.