Chapter twenty three

One and a half weeks later

Danielle's p.o.v

I had been in here for what seemed like years and so far I haven't even seen a glimpse of lily but on the good side I haven't been beaten up again since mine and Tony's attempted escape. Which didn't go down well with the wolves. I had just been left in the cold cell alone with my thoughts of Austin. Why hadn't he rescued me yet? And to add to all this I had been experiencing severe cramps in my stomach and legs. I think it's with the lack of food and shifting to wolf form.

I had been sat in the corner of my cell for days. Feeling weak and unable to change because of the silver chains. I had been waiting for something to happen.....anything.

For tony to escape!

For Austin to rescue me!

For Theodore even!

But so far..... Nothing.

It was like waiting for pigs to fly.I was beginning to think it was never gonna happen.....

Then I heard it. A creek of a door. It was the middle of the night. This couldn't be good. But something was different. The door only creeped slightly and the footsteps coming down the stairs were light. It definitely wasn't Sam.

I got up and again I felt like I would fall which is unusual as werewolves are usually quite strong even without food. The footsteps got closer and closer ad I strained my eyes to see who it was.

Oh my god ..... Tears filled my eyes.

Lilly's p.o.v

This was my chance. This could be my only chance. There were no guards at the doors. This opportunity might never happen again.

I ran across the lawn and to where I knew Danielle was being held and dragged open the door. I tiptoed down the stairs just in case a guard or two had been left behind but it was ok. The coast was all clear. I turned the corner and my eyes met hers.

She was so thin. Her face was dirty and she was only wearing a piece of material that couldn't even be passed as a dress. Her eyes were glistening with tears.

"Lilly" she exclaimed

"oh Danielle" I said "I'm so sorry, I tried to come sooner but I couldn't, they wouldn't let me"

"shhh, it's ok" she replied reaching through the bars and grasping my hands.

I hated to see her like this. She was my best friend. Almost my sister and it was her own father who was doing this to her.

"have you heard anything from Austin" she said

"no, jake has moved us around so many times. It will be virtually impossible to find us" I replied as she gripped my hands for dear life.

In that second I knew I had to do something. She has no family here to help her, no mother, her father most certainly won't help her, no brothers and I was the closest thing she had to a sister.

"Danielle I need to go, but I'm gonna get you out of here. I promise" I said

"don't do anything stupid" she said with a serious expression on her face "I mean it"

I stepped away from her "I'm sorry Danielle but I can't make any promises"

"Lilly listen to me, your gonna get yourself locked up like me, do you want that?" she asked staring at me straight in the eyes.

"I can't stand to see you like this any longer" I said gesturing to her tiny frame " your own fathers gonna be the death of you" I said

Before I could turn around Danielle let out a sudden gasp and fell to the floor, clutching her stomach and started whimpering. I immediately turned around and fell to knees in front of her

"Danielle whats wrong" I said in a frantic tone

"Danielle talk to me" I tried again but she didn't respond

I reached through the gaps in the cell door and shook her gently and a few seconds later her body relaxed and she sat up.

"sorry Lilly" she said " that's being happening a lot lately"

"Danielle you don't have to apologise" I said "and how often" I said

"well it's become a lot more frequent in the last few days, usually at least once a day now whereas before it was only once every couple of days"

"oh Danielle, you need help" I said

she looked up at me with her eyes that were once full of life and energy around Austin and said

"I know Lilly, I know"

Suddenly a thought crossed my mind

Could she be.....nah

Maybe she's..........no

She could be..... It is a possibility....

I looked at Danielle and evaluated my surroundings. I couldn't hear or smell anyone around. And this wouldn't take long.

"listen Danielle this is gonna sound weird but I need you to lie down" I said

She looked at me through the bars like I was crazy but she was too exhausted to argue so she slowly sunk to the floor

I stood up ad looked at Danielle through the bars

"Danielle I'm going to change to wolf form now, ok" I said

"why" was all she responded

"just trust me on this one" I said

I felt my bones begin to stretch and break as I became my wolf. Danielle still looked at me like I was completely bat shit crazy but I knew what I was doing. In my wolf form everything was amplified. Including my hearing.

I lowered my head to her abdomen and tilted slightly so my ears were pointing towards her lower stomach and became deathly silent.

Danielle's breathing was still erratic so I waited until it slowed a bit

.....Nothing......

I tilted my head a bit further

.....nope.....still nothing.....

Suddenly Danielle shifted a bit towards me, like she knew what I was doing and..... there it was.

It was very faint but .....it was there

A tiny....unborn either full or half baby werewolf's heartbeat.....

It was very fast and erratic.... Like a butterfly beating its wings but there it was.

I withdrew my head and changed back to human and looked at Danielle and I think she knew what was coming...

I nodded my head and she paled even more that she was before.

"Danielle, I'm no doctor but..... there's a heart beat"

She sat up and looked at me

"what's Austin going to say if it's all werewolf lily" she asked

"Danielle i think Austin will love it no matter what because it's part of you" I replied stroking her face.

She nodded as her eyes welled up.

"What if he never finds me though. What if I'm stuck here forever and they take my baby" she whispered

"You won't be stuck here if I have anything to do with it" I said getting up from my crouching position on the floor

"Danielle I'm going to get you out of here, just hang on a little longer" I said as I backed away

"Lily please don't do anything that will put you in danger" Danielle said to me but I couldn't guarantee anything so before I could change my mind I said one last thing to Danielle, ran to the stairs and out the door

Goodbyes are not forever

Goodbyes are not the end

They simply mean I'll miss you

Until we meet again

********************************

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while but I haven't been well and then I've been really busy and i haven't had time to write but....I'm back and I'll try to update as much as possible now to make up for it :D

Anyways.... What do you think now. She's preggas.

But who's the daddy?????

Should it be Austin or should I make it a full werewolf baby???

Decisions, decisions......