Chapter twenty four

Lilly's p.o.v

I ran out of the doors to the cells and across the camp, knowing what I had to do, i would wait until I was out of the compound to shift to wolf form though.

I can't believe Danielle is pregnant.

Who's the father?

What will Austin say?

With all these thoughts running through my head I didn't notice the tall figure lurking in the shadows.

Suddenly I felt it. Someone was watching me. I stopped and whizzed around just as a large hand flew out and grabbed me and a familiar voice sent chills through my bones.

"lilly, honey where are you going at this time of night" Sam said, his grip tightening on my arm.

"no where" i responded hoping this answer would satisfy him, but knowing it wouldn't.

"your running away aren't you?" he said

"your going to those damn vampires aren't you?"

"your going to tell them where we are and how to find us......aren't you"

"no" was all I could manage

"DON'T LIE TO ME YOU LITTLE BITCH" he yelled "YOUR A TRAITOR, YOUR NO GOOD FOR ANYTHING ...ARE YOU?" he practically screamed

That's it. That was the moment I snapped.

I swung round and punched Sam so hard in the nose that not only did I hear it crack. I hope it mashed into his stupid brain as well.

"YES I AM A TRAITOR SAM, BUT I'D RATHER BE A TRAITOR AND HELP DANIELLE THAN STAY WITH YOU, MY WHOLE LIFE! YOU MONSTER"

with that I ran with a new boost of adrenalin towards the edge of the compound but only to be stopped by a very, very, very angry Sam wrapping his arm around me and yanking me backwards.....

"LET ME GO" I screamed whilst thrashing about wildly but his grip only got stronger. I managed to turn around enough to see Sam's face was a mess. Covered in blood from his broken nose and his eyes were so full of rage they were practically popping out of his head. Come to think of it......I hope they did.

All the screaming and yelling by now had attracted some attention a few people were coming towards us to see what all the commotion was about. The sad thing is, I knew none of them would help me and that they would all side with Sam.....

I needed to get out. Now.

I could do this.

I needed to do this for Danielle and Austin.

and what I strongly hoped was their unborn child.

this was my last chance.

I threw my head back and heard another crunch in his already broken nose and his grip loosened slightly, just enough for me to turn around and thrust my knee in between his legs. He let out an almighty yell, dropped me and I ran for my life......

I kept running

And running.

And running.

and didn't look back

I knew I was being followed at first by someone from the pack...Although it probably wasn't Sam given the state I left him in but I ran with everything I had and lost them....

********

I had been solely concentrating on getting away and had just run in any direction to get away and now I had lost my bearings.

I decided to shift to human form to try and think clearly but I couldn't take long because someone was bound to pick up my scent again. I shifted and went and leant against a tree to catch my breath and think what to do next.

right, I need to get to Austin.

where is his estate from here?

I looked up to try and familiarise myself with my surroundings but failed miserably.

where the hell am I?

Suddenly I heard something to my right. leaves crunching. someone was here.

slowly turned round and saw a very shocked looking middle-aged man pointing a gun towards me.

"Don't move" he barked

Oh shit, he must be human and witnessed me shift from wolf form to human form. This is all I need right now.

" Look mister I'm not going to hurt you or eat you or anything, so could you please put down the gun" I said " I just need to know what where I am, I don't suppose you have a map do you?"

The man holding the gun looked scared shitless but yet again if I'd just seen a wolf turn human then I think i would be too.

I should probably try and calm him down. I have no idea how I'm gonna get myself outta this one.

I leant off the tree and began slowly walking away from him. maybe if I just ran off he'd think he'd been hallucinating or something.

"I said don't move" he shouted again "or I'll shoot"

"I'm sorry, but I really need to be going" I said still backing away, getting faster and faster.

"STOP" he yelled

but I kept going. I turned round and began to run. Suddenly the silence of the forest was pierced with three earsplitting bangs.

there was a sharp pain in my leg and I fell to the ground and hit my head on something on the way down and I was out cold.

my last thought was of my promise to Danielle that i would help her, and how the possibility of that seemed to be getting less and less.